This Quick And Delicious Vegan GF Bread is so moist and delicious! It’s easy to make and comes out beautifully.
You can use both fresh or dried yeast. Fresh yeast can be harder to get, so it’s perfectly fine using a dried one. If you don’t like any seeds, simply do it without them, it will still be lovely!
The oil is an important ingredient here because it makes it moist. Gluten-free bread can be very dry, and it’s hard to make it moist and soft.
The sugar in this recipe is important too, because it caramelizes, which makes the bread crusty on the outside!
Makes 8″ x 4″ loaf tin
500g of gluten-free bread flour ( ideally use brown bread gf flour )
30g of fresh yeast, or 2 teaspoons of dried yeast
400ml of tepid water ( 35c-39c max)
100ml of olive oil
60g of Cane sugar
5g of salt
2 teaspoons of cumin
A full handful of pumpkin seeds
A full handful of sunflower seeds
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients ( apart from the fresh yeast if using ) and set aside. ( If you use dry yeast, add all the dry ingredients together, and mix together the oil and water separately, then slowly add the water to the dry ingredients.)
If you are using fresh yeast, dissolve the yeast in the water and add the oil to the yeast water. Leave for 2 minutes.
2. Slowly pour the yeast water to the dry ingredients and mix well. It should form a thick paste.
Pour into a lined 8″ x 4 loaf tin with parchment paper, cover loosely with oiled cling film, and leave somewhere warm to double in size, about 40 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 190c.
Remove the cling film and put the loaf tin in the oven, and bake for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry.
4. Take the loaf out of the tin carefully, remove the parchment paper and place it on a cooling rack to cool before slicing.
Enjoy this Quick And Delicious Vegan GF Bread toasted and warm, or just cold on a sandwich!
You can also enjoy it with our Avocado Tartine recipe, simply use the same method, but use this gluten-free bread instead! Or try it with some hummus? There’s plenty of options!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023