A Quick Creamy Leek Mustard & Cauliflower Soup that is rich, creamy, thick, and ultimately delicious!
When it gets cold outside, there is nothing better than a warm bowl of soup.
This soup is creamy, rich, and the mustard in it brings it all together.
This cauliflower and leek soup is filling, but low on calories! I like eating it for my lunch with a few pieces of my
homemade seedy oatmeal bread and it fills me up all the way till the evening!
You can tweak the recipe, and add vegetables of your choice – like if you have greens using up, just throw them in there for extra nutrients. Want more heat? Add more garlic or mustard. The options are endless.
You could also make your own croutons! Top the soup with them and dig in.
Why you will love this Leek Mustard & Cauliflower Soup:
– It’s Rich
– Comfort Food!
– Easy to make
More Comfort Vegan Recipes:
1. Comforting Vegan Butter Bean Stew
2. Easy Vegan Tomato Dhal With Onion Tarka
3. Creamy Roasted Pepper And Tomato Soup
Do let me know how you found this Quick Creamy Leek Mustard & Cauliflower Soup recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Quick Creamy Leek Mustard & Cauliflower Soup
- 1 very large leek about 300g trimmed and sliced
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic roughly diced
- 1 rib of celery
- 2 tbsp of fresh or dried thyme
- 4 cups/850ml of hot stock
- 2 tsp of yellow mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sliced leeks, garlic, celery, half the thyme leaves and some salt and pepper. When the veg is sizzling nicely, cover the pan, reduce the heat, and let them sweat for about 10 minutes, until the leeks are fairly soft stirring from time to time.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cauliflower: trim off any thick outer leaves and the base of the stem if it looks coarse and grubby, then roughly chop the cauliflower - stalk and all.
- Add the chopped cauliflower to the softened leeks and stir well then pour the vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 5-10 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender, but not mushy.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add the mustard, mix well. Puree the soup using a blender or a hand blender. You may need to do it in two batches.
- Add a splash of water if it's too thick.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, trickle some oil if you like, and sprinkle the rest of the thyme and some pepper. Enjoy!
You can easily sub the leeks for 3 white onions if you like!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023