These Quick Crispy Vegan Hash-Browns are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these have become a new breakfast favorite in my home.
When making homemade hash browns, to get the perfect texture it’s important to squeeze as much juice or of the shredded potato before mixing with the rest of the ingredients. Also, don’t overdo the oil – they don’t need a lot of oil to fry in.
Of course, if you want to deep fry them, feel free to do so, but I found that it’s best to fry them in a pan yourself with a touch of oil. You really don’t wanted hash browns soaked in oil, you still want to taste the potatoes.
I love having these hash browns for breakfast, but also for lunch and dinner as well. As you can see on the picture, I had some scrambled tofu, baked beans and hash browns. A perfect meal.
More Vegan Potato Recipes:
1. Oil-Free Vegan Pea & Potato Curry
2. Nut-Free Vegan Pesto New Potatoes
3. Red Wine Roasted Potatoes With Grapes
Let’s make some Hash Browns!
Do let me know how you found these Quick Crispy Vegan Hash-Browns though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
6 medium potatoes peeled and grated wrap the grated potatoes in a clean tea towel and squeeze out all the moisture
1/2 cup/65g plain flour (I used gluten-free)
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne powder
4 spring onions sliced thinly
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil (plus extra for frying)
1. Make sure your potatoes are squeezed well so they are not soggy and add to a large bowl. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
2.Heat about 2 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Using a cookie cutter, add around 2 tbsp mixture into the middle of the cutter and press into the mold so it is around 1 inch thick and a perfect round shape.
3. Remove the mold and carefully lift the shaped uncooked hash brown using a spatula and place the hash onto the hot pan. Fry for around 4 minutes and flip – fry for around 4 minutes on each side – until nice and crispy (be careful not to burn). Repeat for each hash brown and serve hot…but most importantly – I hope you enjoy them!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023