This Quick Easy & Healthy Vegan ‘Chicken’ Salad is loaded with bold flavors, a little crunch, a little sweetness, and a lot of deliciousness! Smothered in a rich and creamy, oil-free dressing that is super delicious, and brings the whole salad together in pure perfection!
Roasted artichoke, walnuts, and broad beans make the base of your vegan chicken salad. Then added to it is some crunchy celery, sweet corn, and green onion, all dressed in a creamy, tangy, dill-vicious cashew-based sauce that is TO DIE FOR!
This delicious salad is:
4. High in protein and healthy fats
5. Easy to make
6. Perfect for meal prep
WHY this salad is so freakin’ awesome:
- Roasting the artichoke, walnuts and broad beans really add to the depth of flavour. But if you’re in a hurry or want something raw, try my oil-free 5-minute avocado chickpea salad version instead.
- There are so many wonderful textures and distinct flavors, yet they all work well together in perfect, delicious harmony.
- The dressing is homemade, using wholesome ingredients, as opposed to dousing this salad in mayo.
- This “chicken” salad is not only plant-based and vegan friendly but also gluten-free, soy-free and oil-free, making it suitable for most eaters.
Do let me know how you found this Quick Easy & Healthy Vegan ‘Chicken’ Salad if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Quick Easy & Healthy Vegan 'Chicken' Salad
- 20 oz/ 350g can marinaded artichoke drained
- 15 oz can chickpeas/broad beans drained & rinsed or 1.5 cups
- 1/2 cup/40g walnut pieces or pecans
- 1/2 cup/40g celery diced approx 1 rib
- 1/2 cup/70g sweet corn
- 1/4 cup/20g green onion thinly sliced approx 1 green onion
- For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup/97g raw cashews
- 3/4 cup /177ml + 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice approx half a large lemon
- 1 tsp dill fresh or dry
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- shredded lettuce to serve
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F/200C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Rinse your artichoke very well to remove the brine and shred all the pieces. Add them to your baking tray along with your drained and rinsed chickpeas and walnut pieces. Bake for 15 minutes and remove it from the oven.
- Meanwhile, add all the dressing ingredients, starting with 3/4 cup of water to a high-speed blender and process on high until smooth and creamy. Add the remaining two tablespoons of water if needed, to thin out your dressing.
- Arrange your artichoke broad beans, walnuts, celery, corn, and green onion in a bowl. Pour the dressing on top and mix well.
- Serve straight away, or refrigerate for an hour or more to chill and serve cold.