Quick Vegan Margherita Pizza! There is something very comforting about eating a homemade pizza.
Pizzas are seen to be that food kind of food you just order when you fancy some junk food. However, making pizzas at home, can still taste just as good, but be on the healthier side too.
I am a sucker for a pizza…If there is one food you can eat for the rest of your life – for me it’s definitely a pizza.
I just love everything about it! So I decided to start making my own, why not?! And the result was so much better than the shop-bought ones!
It also turns out, that it’s not so difficult to make either!
Especially for vegans, it’s hard to get a good vegan pizza out there, so I just do it myself these days.
The pizza dough is sort of a ‘cheat’ way of making it, it doesn’t require as much effort as you might think. But the end products is still as good as you would expect a pizza dough to be.
Basically, don’t be scared to try to make pizza yourself! It can be so fun, and it’s definitely not so difficult to make! And it’s so worth it, because it’s fun, tastes great and is vegan as well 😉
Let’s make some pizza!
More Vegan Pizza Recipes:
Do let me know how you found this Quick Vegan Margherita Pizza though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Quick Vegan Margherita Pizza
- Pizza Dough:
- 1 teaspoon of dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup 60 ml + 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 1/4 cup/150g flour divided, (unbleached all-purpose or half of all-purpose and half whole wheat pastry flour/spelt)
- 1 tbsp semolina flour or use wheat flour
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Pizza Sauce:
- 1/4 cup 65.5 g unsalted tomato paste
- 1/3 cup 78.86 ml water
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme or rosemary
- 1 tsp each dried oregano dried basil
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash of black pepper
- Cashew Mozzarella cream:
- 1/2 cup 64.5 g cashews soaked in hot water for 15 mins
- 1 cup 236.59 ml water
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp miso or use 1-2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Fresh basil extra virgin olive oil and pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 435 deg F (225 C). Soak the cashews in hot boiling water if you haven't already.
- Pizza Base: Mix the warm water with yeast and 1 tbsp flour. Mix well and let it sit for 2 mins.
- Mix the salt and semolina into the rest of the flour. Add the flour and oil to the yeast mixture and mix. Mix till just about combined. Let it sit for a minute.
- Oil your hands and bring the dough together till just about smooth. Use a tsp or so more flour(or water if you used wheat flours), if needed. Don't knead it longer than a few seconds. Cover with a towel and let it sit near the preheating oven for 15-20 mins.
- Cashew Mozzarella Cream: Drain the cashews. Add to a blender with the rest of the cashew cheese ingredients. Blend until smooth. Add to a skillet over medium heat. Cook to thicken evenly. 4 to 6 mins. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking at the bottom and lumping.
- Prep the pizza sauce: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Add a pinch of sweetener if needed.
- Oil your hands and transfer the pizza dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Using some flour shape the dough into a flat ball, then spread using your hands. Keep spreading to make a large pizza or make 2 small pizzas. You want to spread the dough thin, as it will rise quite a bit during baking and make a bready crust if it was too thick to begin with.
- Spread the pizza sauce all over. Place tomato slices over if you like. Sprinkle a pinch of salt. (you can also add other thinly sliced veggies at this point). Add spoonfuls of the mozzarella cream on the pizza.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 13 to 14 mins. (Broil for a minute if needed), Remove from the oven and add fresh basil and pepper flakes. Slice and serve.