This Raw Avocado Pesto Zucchini Pasta is the perfect way to lighten up a classic dish. Packed with flavour + nutrition you’ll never miss the actual pasta!
Zucchinis I believe are a little bit underrated, they deserve to be on peoples’ plates a lot more. Zucchinis are so good for you, and packed with water too, so they are perfect to hydrate you while still eating.
The dish requires just a few simple ingredients, takes under 10 minutes to make. Exactly what you need, especially on a hot summer day!
To keep this raw pasta salad fresh, I would keep the pesto and sliced zucchinis separately, and when you need the meal, just mix them two together.
You can also pre-slice the zucchini, and freeze portions in bags, then just thaw for 1 hour before you need it!
More Vegan Pasta Recipes:
1. Vegan Nut-Free Green Herb Pesto Pasta
2. 10-Minute Creamy Avocado & Lime Pasta
3. 1-pot 10-minute Creamy Hummus PastaPlease do let me know how you found this Raw Avocado Pesto Zucchini Pasta and if there is anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/ message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Recipe serves 4-6
3 – 4 medium zucchinis
2 cups/40g fresh basil
3 – 4 cloves garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup/35g of walnuts or pine nuts
Sea salt + red pepper flakes to taste
1. Spiralize the zucchinis and break/cut the noodles into smaller strands. Put them in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Add remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Pour pesto over zucchini noodles and toss to combine.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
3. Enjoy with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds and/or nutritional yeast and enjoy!