Oh these Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Vegan Potato Cakes are simply-to-die-for! They are crispy, filling, creamy, and oh, especially when you pair them with a dipping sauce…you just CAN’T stop eating them!
I made a whole batch of these, and I ate 7 cakes… 7 CAKES! God I felt so fat after that, but it was totally worth it!
These Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Vegan Potato Cakes require only basic ingredients:
3. Vegan Cream Cheese/ricotta
5. Few herbs and spices
Instead of spinach and cream cheese you can get creative what to use as filling: *tomato sauce + vegan cheese *mushrooms *curried lentils *mashed pumpkin etc. Let your imagination and taste-buds go wild and transform these delicious potato cakes into a flavor bomb!
Anyway! Please do let me know how you found this recipe, and if there is anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/ message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Makes about 8 cakes Each cake contains approximately 145 calories (if you use my ricotta recipe)
For the dough:
3 medium sized potatoes (about 420g total)
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of fresh or dry parsley
2 cups/256g of flour (more if needed) ⠀
about 3 cups of fresh spinach (or half the amount of frozen spinach)
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of salt,
3 tablespoons of my easy 5-ingredient Garlic & Herb Ricotta Or just use shop-bought.
1 teaspoon of pepper,
1 teaspoon of oregano
•1 tablespoon of olive oil for cooking the cakes ⠀
1. Cook the potatoes in salted water until soft. Mash them with a fork, add salt, olive oil, parsley and flour and knead a non sticky dough
2. For the filling add olive oil to a pan, fry garlic for 30 seconds, add spinach, season it and cook covered for 3 mins. When cooled add the cream cheese and mix together
3. Roll out the dough on a flour dusted surface to about 1 cm thick. Cut out round shapes, put about 1 tsp of filling per cake and pinch close with another patty
4. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a pan and wipe it with a paper towel, add the cakes, cover and cook covered on very low flame for about 5 mins. Flip and cook for another 5 mins.
5. Serve with a sauce, gravy of choice, hummus, with salad or just eat them on their own!!