This Sticky Pomegranate Glazed Tofu Stir-Fry is what vegan dreams are made of! It’s so indulgent, so comforting and so versatile. You can eat them as they are, as a side, top them on your rice or noodles, or on your quinoa salad.
The recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and it can be done in 20 minutes!
This sticky tofu-stir-fry is sweet and sour, with a slight crunch and complemented perfectly with the background taste of orange.
What The Heck Is Pomegranate Molasses?
Pomegranate molasses is used to glaze meats normally. It’s quite sharp, so sweetness added to it is required to break through the acidity, hence the reason I have added a few tablespoons of maple syrup + orange juice.
I am a huge fan of pomegranate molasse, I treat it the same way with vegan products, as you would normally treat them with meat.
You can find it almost anywhere these days, but I like getting mine from amazon.
But if you can’t find pomegranate molasses anywhere, and don’t feel like ordering it, then you can use regular molasses, but I do really recommend that you use pomegranate molasses .
How To Make This Amazing Tofu Stir-Fry:
The method is simple, coat the tofu pieces in cornflour, this will make them crispy! Then pan-fry the tofu pieces until golden, then add your pomegranate glaze and the stir-fry vegetables. Stir-fry for a few minutes and you are done!
How do you like your tofu?
Let me know, as I adore tofu and more recipes and ideas are welcomed!
More Recipes To Try:
Do let me know how you found this Sticky Pomegranate Glazed Tofu Stir-Fry if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Sticky Pomegranate Glazed Tofu Stir-Fry
- 14 oz/380g of tofu cut into cubes extra firm tofu!
- 2 tbsp olive oil to fry the tofu
- For the cornflour coating:
- 5 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- For the pomegranate glaze:
- 1/3 cup/100g of Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 juice & zest of orange
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of tomato puree
- 1 tsp of harissa
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of sumac
- 1 garlic clove minced
- a handful of coriander chopped
- For the stir-fry veggies:
- 1/2 zucchini sliced
- 1/2 Carrot sliced thinley
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- In a bowl, stir together all the cornflour coating ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the pomegranate glaze ingredients.
- Prepare the desired vegetables by slicing them.
- Coat the tofu cubes onto the cornflour mix, then pan-fry the cubes on all sides until golden.
- Add the sliced vegetables of choice, the pomegranate glaze, and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve immediately on a bed of rice or noodles.