This Super Creamy Vegan Celeriac Soup just proves that you don’t need dairy to make things creamy!
This Super Creamy Vegan Celeriac Soup Is the ultimate comfort food for rainy days!
Celeriac is a nutritional powerhouse
Packed with fiber and vitamins B6, C and K. It’s also a good source of antioxidants and important minerals, such as phosphorus, potassium, and manganese.
This is super comforting creamy soup, is a bit more effort, but totally worth it! Truffle and celeriac work like a dream together. So don’t be shy, and add some fancy truffle oil to finish!
2 heads of celeriac
4 ribs of celery
2 bulbs of fennel
1 small leek
2 medium white onions
4 cloves of garlic
Salt to taste
Truffle oil (optional)
1. First off, using a sharp knife, cut the skin off the celeriac, then cut into cubes. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, add the diced celeriac, drizzle some oil, mix and bake in the oven for about 40 min on 200c, or until soft.
2. While the celeriac is cooking, put 3 tbsp of vegetable oil in a deep pan. Dice the rest of the vegetables, and add them to the pan. Cook them until soft on a medium heat, then add the cooked celeriac to the pan. Add enough vegetable stock, to just cover everything, then leave it to simmer for about 50 min.
3.Season to taste, then blend the soup with a blender then “pass” the blended soup through a passing sieve. Top your soup bowl with a handful of pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of truffle oil, If you like, to enhance the flavor of celeriac!
Note: It’s perfectly fine, if you don’t have a passing sieve, the soup will still be very creamy!
Try some other of our healthy comfort food recipes:
Baked Sweet Potatoes With Crispy Chickpeas and Tahini
Super Nutritious Quinoa Salad With An Asian Twist
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023