These Super Healthy 5-seed Crackers are a tasty snack by themselves or with your favourite dip. I personally love to dip them in our Easy Healthy Guacamole!
The name says it all really. These crackers are made from sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flaxseed (linseed) and sesame seeds.
Making Super Healthy 5-Seed Crackers:
Just make sure when you bake them, they are completely crispy before you take them out, otherwise, they will crumble and stick to the paper underneath. Don’t worry if you have to leave them in the oven for longer, it’s important that they are completely dried out!
Do let me know how you found this Super Healthy 5-Seed Crackers recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
133g of sunflower seeds
30g of pumpkin seeds
80g of chia seeds
70g of sesame seeds
30g of flaxseeds
1 teaspoon of chili flakes (optional)
340ml of water
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of dried herbs of your choice I used mixed dried herbs
1. Preheat oven to 170C (340F) fan. Add all the ingredients except the water in a food processor or a high-speed blender and whizz for just 2 seconds, to break the seeds a little bit.
2. Mix all ingredients together with the water in a bowl and leave for 10-15 minutes for the seeds to soak up the water.
3. Give everything a good stir, then put the mixture over a lined baking tray and spread thinly. The ideal thickness is about 3-4mm. Too thin and the crackers will be very fragile, too thick and they’ll be more like a seed cookie than a cracker.
4. Bake for one hour or until golden brown and crisp. If they don’t feel crisp after an hour, return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then break into irregular shards.
Store these Super Healthy 5-seed Crackers in an airtight container. I’ve kept them in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks and they’ve stored perfectly, I’m not sure what the maximum time would be though. There’s nothing perishable in them, so they’ll store pretty well I think.
We hope you enjoy them, let us know whether you like them, we appreciate every feedback and new ideas 🙂