These delicious Super Healthy Easy Vegan Breakfast Bars – are the perfect on the go snack or breakfast. Using only a few natural ingredients, they’re nutritious & so easy to make.
You can easily pack them and carry them with you, at work, at the gym or anywhere really!
They are seriously Devine I absolutely love them. They are my favorite breakfast bar when I am busy in the mornings.
All you need is a couple of nuts and seeds!
And maple syrup – which acts as the binding agent and makes it a little bit sweet for us to enjoy it even more!
It doesn’t really matter what nuts or seeds you use, you can put all your favorite ones in there and just bind it all together with some maple syrup and bake!
Calories: 150 calories per bar if cut into 8
½ cup/115g of maple syrup
1 1 ½ /160g of whole pecan nuts
1 1½ cups/150g of almond flakes or cashews nuts
½ cup/ 75g of sunflower seeds
1 cup/ 85g of pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease 20cm square cake tin and line with baking paper, or 8” loaf tin.
2. Put the maple syrup in a saucepan and warm it on low heat.
3. Add nuts and seeds to the maple syrup. Mix well and cook for 1 more minute then transfer onto the lined pan.
4. Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes until firm enough to cut.
6. Remove from the parchment paper and cut it into 8 or 12 bars.
7. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Cutting the bites when they have cooled but not completely set prevents them from crumbling.
Use a large kitchen knife and a firm chopping motion to cut into squares.
Store these Super Healthy Easy Vegan Breakfast Bars at room temperature but they will be crunchier if stored in the refrigerator.
Why not try some of our other yummy and healthy bars and bites? See below!