This Super Nutritious High Protein Lentil Salad is super healthy and it really packs a lot of goodness. It’s so easy to make and it can easily be packed for lunch at work.
Lentils are so amazing. They have a nutty flavor, and they are high in protein, fiber and they have complex carbohydrates. They are the ultimate healthy food you would want to include in your diet.
Lentils are so versatile, they can be put in salads, stews, soups, and much more!
Oh, and they are so yummy!
I have to say, lentils have been a staple in my diet long before I was vegan, I grew up eating lentils. My mom used to do this thick lentil stew, that was so delicious with crusty bread. Childhood favorites. Since then, I have always loved lentils.
How To Make Creamy Lentil Salad:
You will need the following ingredients:
1. Cooked Lentils (I used canned)
3. Sun-Dried Tomatoes
5. Spices & Seasonings (Cumin, Salt + Pepper)
6. Cashew Nuts
Believe it or not, this salad comes together in about 10 minutes. And it couldn’t be easier. Basically, add all your prepped ingredients to a bowl, mix it up, and serve. That’s it. No rocket science here.
It’s perfect on summer days because it’s a cold salad. Perfect to pack for lunch at work as well.
More Vegan Salad Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Super Nutritious High Protein Lentil Salad recipe if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Super Nutritious High Protein Lentil Salad
- 2 x cans/14oz/400g of lentils drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup/170g of hummus of your choice
- 1 whole little gem lettuce washed and diced
- 1 whole avocado diced into cubes
- A handful of sundried tomatoes diced
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin
- A handful of roughly diced cashew nuts
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together, but mix them very gently, so that the avocado and lentils don't mash up.
- Enjoy with extra few slices of avocado and a sprinkle of cashew nuts on top.