I know, I know, you are thinking “ugh, quinoa…” but trust me, this Super Nutritious Quinoa Salad With An Asian Twist is packed full of flavor, full of healthy goodness, and textures!
It’s really filling and low on calories. It’s super easy to make and can easily be packed for lunch at work the next day!
If you find it a bit dry, simply add a bit more soya sauce to your taste.
Just be aware, that the majority of soy sauces from the stores contain gluten!
So if you are coeliac or just gluten-free, have a look at the ingredients list on the soya sauce bottle.
90g of dry quinoa
250ml of water
1 medium-sized tomato, or if you have cherry tomatoes even better
1 medium-sized ripe avocado
2 tablespoons of edamame beans
2 tablespoons of dark soya sauce
1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
1/4 bag of mixed leaves
A pinch of chili flakes if you like a bit of heat (Optional)
For the quinoa:
1. Rinse the quinoa with water and strain.
2. Transfer it onto a pot and add the 2 cups of water.
3. Bring to a boil and cover, reducing heat to medium-low.
4.. Simmer until all the water is absorbed, usually about 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Set aside off the heat for about five minutes before removing the cover.
6. Strain any of the water that it may still have and transfer into a mixing bowl.
For the vegetable mixture:
1. Finely chop the tomato (if using cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters)
2. Dice the mixed leaves
3. Cut the avocado in a half, and spoon the flesh out and dice into cubes.
4. Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl with the quinoa.
Tip: As I mentioned above, you can pack this Super Nutritious Quinoa Salad With An Asian Twist for lunch the next day!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023