This Tomato Black Bean Salad With Cumin Dressing is loaded with bold flavors, a little crunch, a little sweetness, and a lot of deliciousness! Smothered in a flavorsome cumin dressing that is super delicious, and brings the whole salad together. Absolute perfection!
With its rich colors and garlicky, spicy dressing, this is a treat to find in your lunchbox or to take on a picnic.
But I do really, really like to make this salad for lunch, and add a dollop of my homemade Harissa Hummus!
I am not generally a salad lover, unless it’s made with bold yummy flavors. And most importantly – it’s filling!
I have a favorite salad of mine – check out this beauty – Curried Cauliflower Pea & Cranberry Salad I like to pair it with some crispy tofu bites for a complete meal.
But this black bean and tomato salad is definitely up there with my favorites too! It’s very fresh, and packs a punch!
WHY this salad is so freakin’ awesome:
- Doesn’t require any cooking – just chopping and bashing is required here.
- There are so many wonderful textures and distinct flavors, yet they all work well together in perfect, delicious harmony.
- The dressing is homemade, using wholesome ingredients, as opposed to dousing this salad in mayo.
- This salad is done in 15 minutes! But if you have a little extra time, I recommend leaving the salad in the fridge a bit, so that all the flavors have enough time to mingle.
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Tomato Black Bean Salad With Cumin Dressing if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Tomato Black Bean Salad With Cumin Dressing
- 2 cups/350g of cherry tomatoes or plum tomatoes halved
- 16 oz/400g can of drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/2 small red onions sliced
- 2 handfuls of lettuce or 1 gem sliced
- Salt and pepper
- For the Cumin Dressing:
- 2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp brown organic sugar
- juice + zest of one small lemon
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- To finish:
- Sliced basil or mint leaves
- First, make the dressing:
- Using a large pestle and mortar, bash the cumin seeds, salt, sugar, some black pepper, into a paste. Add the zest and juice of the lemon and the oil, and stir well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all the resist of the ingredients except the toppings in the dressing bowl, and mix well.
- If you have time, leave the salad in the fridge for a whole, so that it can absorb all the flavors. But it's perfectly fine to serve it straight away.
- Add the salad onto a serving dish and sprinkle of basis and mint leaves.