Vegan Apple Cinnamon Cake! With no added refined Oil and No Coconut milk! Lower fat delicious Apple Pie Cake. Vegan Soy-free Oil-free Recipe. It can be nut-free and be easily adjusted to gluten-free.
I found this cake works like a dream paired with some Vegan custard! Or simply ice it, or eat it on its own with a hot drink!
I guess you can classify this recipe as apple scones (in USA) The cake is a tad dense, so I definitely recommend that you pair it with something moist, as I said, maybe vegan pouring cream, melted chocolate, or just eat it with a hot drink.
Let’s make this cake!
Do let me know how you found this Vegan Apple Cinnamon Cake and if there is anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/ message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
More Vegan Apple Recipes:
1. Easy Healthy Whole Food Plant-Based Apple Bread
2. Easy Crispy Vegan Apple & Oat Cinnamon Cookies
3. 2-Ingredient Coconut Apple Cookies
How To Make Vegan Apple Scones
Recipe cuts into 8 small slices or 4 big ones.
1/2 cup (118.29 ml) dairy-free milk such as almond milk, soy milk, oat milk or light coconut milk
1 tsp lime juice
1/4 cup (61 g) apple sauce, I used my own easy recipe for apple sauce!
1 3/4 cup (218.75 g) flour (I use 1/2 cup whole wheat and 1 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose)
1/4 cup (28 g) almond flour (Nut-free: use more flour for nut-free, and use full-fat coconut milk for the dairy-free milk)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
1.5 tsp apple pie spice or use 1.25 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp allspice, 1/8 tsp cardamom(optional), or use pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1.25 cups (156.25 g) thinly sliced apple or finely chopped (very thin slices)
1.5 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract optional
1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2 tbsp coconut sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Mix the apple sauce, lime juice and dairy-free milk in a bowl.
Toss the sliced/grated apple with maple syrup in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients really well.
2. Add the apple sauce mix to the flour bowl, mix well. Fold in the apples and vanilla extract if using and mix.
Add the remaining apple sauce mix if needed 1 tbsp at a time to make a stiff-ish dough. The dough should be slightly stiff and just about combined.
3. Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet or stoneware/ceramic dish. Using flour, shape the dough into a somewhat circle of about 3/4 inch height.
4. Brush dairy-free milk or any remaining apple sauce mixture on top of the cake. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle over the dough. Then put in the freezer for 15 mins. (This is important for low-fat milks).
5. Preheat the oven to 400F/210 C. Remove the sheet from the freezer and bake the cake for 17 to 19 mins. If a prick comes out dry once poked, it’s ready! If not, then bake for another 3 to 5 mins. Remove from the oven and cover with a light towel to cool for 10 mins. Add a simple sugar icing if you wish and serve. Or eat warm with custard and jam!
Store the freshly baked cake, covered with a towel on the counter for up to 1 day. The cake can be refrigerated in a closed container for up to 5 days.
Nut-free: use more flour for nut-free, and use full-fat coconut milk for the dairy-free milk.
Gluten-free: Mix 1/2 cup oat flour/white rice flour, 1 1/4 cup almond flour, 1/3 cup potato starch. Use 1 3/4 cup of the mix instead of the regular flour. You might want to add 2 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil for gluten-free as gf flours tend to dry out faster. Once baked, cool under a towel and store in a covered container.
Use Oil/vegan butter: Use 3-4 tbsp softened vegan butter or oil and mix in the dry until crumbly. Add 1/2 cup chilled non-dairy milk and mix in. Fold in the apples, then add more non-dairy milk as needed.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023