Hello friends, Today let’s make Vegan Chocolate Orange Macaroons! Please read the post below and the notes on the bottom of the recipe, because they are filled with tips that will certainly help you.
These Vegan Chocolate Orange Macaroons are rich-tasting, with a slightly crunchy shell, and a creamy filling.
Macarons are an absolute treat to eat, but they’re a bit tricky to make. Prepare yourself for the eventuality that you may not get these right the first time around – but try, try again! The result of this labor of love is absolutely delicious. Eating one is like drinking an orange juice on a bar of decadent dark chocolate.
Important tips on how to make the perfect Macaroons:
Basically, the truth of the post is: home ovens are very inaccurate, and don’t do a good job at keeping the temperature you set it to, or at keeping a constant temperature if that. The only way to be able to control the temperature of the oven, is to have an oven thermometer, that will tell you what the actual temperature inside of the oven is.
Another alternative if your feet are spreading out as the macarons bake, is to double pan the macarons. Which means, place the baking sheet on top of another baking sheet and bake it like that.
I also found helpful writing my own cycles on the parchment paper, as it helped me keep them identical, then pipe inside them.
Do let me know how you found these Vegan Chocolate Orange Macaroons if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Vegan Chocolate Orange Macaroons
- Liquid from one 13oz can/tin chickpeas
- 1 cup/120g almond flour
- 1/2 cup/50g icing sugar/powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup/25g cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup/68g of sugar 5.6oz/
- 1 cup/160g Chocolate orange bar
- 1/4 cup/60ml of almond milk
- Put the chickpea liquid in a pan, and bring it to the boil. Reduce the chickpea sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Put the dry ingredients in a blender except for the caster sugar and blend till it resembles crumbles. Pass through a sieve. Whip up the reduced cooled aquafaba till fluffy and creamy. Add the caster sugar to the creamed aquafaba. Whisk again.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. But don’t overmix. Using a piping bag, Pipe even small circles onto a parchment paper. Chill the tray for 2 hours before baking.
- Bake at 250F/120C. For 30 minutes. Once baked, cool.
- Melt the chocolate, then add the almond milk to it, mix and chill in the freezer for a bit until it just sets (not runny) Pipe some of the chocolate in the middle of one macron, and top with another (sandwiching).
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023