Who doesn’t like a good bowl of pasta? it’s a household staple, and yet, it’s so difficult to get enough of it.
There is something very comforting about pasta. Well, it is comforting. But, it’s also so easy to cook, and it can be cooked and so many different ways.
Mushroom tomato pasta is a must and quite the classic.
We all have pasta at home. And if you are someone who likes mushrooms, it’s quite likely that you have mushrooms in your fridge too. This one-pot mushroom and tomato pasta is the perfect weekday dinner.
It’s so quick and easy to make, and not to mention, so delicious too!
Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta Variations
The beauty of making a meal with pasta is that you can customize it to suit your preferences.
The recipe calls for wholewheat fusilli, but you can use any pasta you like or have. I love fusilli a lot more than other types of pasta, but I have made this recipe before with long pasta noodles and it worked just fine.
How To Make a One-Pot Vegan Mushroom Pasta With Tomatoes
You will need the following ingredients:
- Pasta Of Choice
- Onion & Garlic
- Tomato Puree
- Salt And Herbs
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes
In a saucepan, fry 1 onion, 2 garlic cloves, and 200g/7oz mushrooms, for 10 min. Add sliced 2 tomatoes, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tbsp tomato purée, and salt, and cook for 1-2 min. add 200g of pasta and 2 cups of water. Simmer until the pasta is cooked.
Fold in the spinach and nooch.
Serve with chopped Basil, mooch, sliced cherry tomatoes & Italian herbs.
How To Store Leftovers
You have many different options to store leftover pasta.
One of my favorite ways is to freeze it! (Learn more: how to freeze cooked pasta).
Other ways include simply putting the leftover pasta in an air-tight container, letting it cool, and popping it in the fridge.
More Pasta Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this one-pot vegan mushroom pasta recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot]
- 6 oz pasta of choice
- 1 brown onion
- 7 oz mushrooms any type you like washed
- 2-3 garlic cloves depending on size
- 2 tomatoes washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 500 ml of hot water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 bunch of fresh basil washed and chopped
- Slice the onion and mushrooms. Chop the garlic and tomatoes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Once the oil is heated, add the onion, mushrooms and garlic, and fry for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan with the paprika, tomato puree, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine, then add the pasta and 500ml of hot water.
- Bring the water to the boil, then lower and simmer until the pasta is just cooked. Be careful though, you don't want a mushy pasta!
- Once the pasta is cooked, turn the heat off, then add the nutritional yeast flakes and herbs of choice.
- Serve with fresh basil on top!