Incredible Vegan Nut-Free Green Herb Pesto Pasta! Vibrant, delicious, and colorful!
It can be served as a main dish or side dish, and you can enjoy it warm or cold! Full instructions on how to make your own herb ‘pesto’ are included, it’s so much better than a shop-bought!
This recipe is extra green! We got cilantro going on in there, mint, parsley…I mean green, green, green!
I adore eating pasta! What’s not to like about pasta? – But we all know too much of it, or especially if cooked unhealthy, it can bring that weight up…
So, why not eat pasta and be healthy? – This recipe is exactly that!
Do let me know how you found this Vegan Nut-Free Green Herb Pesto Pasta you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Vegan Nut-Free Green Herb Pesto Pasta
- FOR THE CILANTRO PESTO:
- 1 green pepper diced in chunks
- 1 small shallot peeled and diced
- 2 green chilies deseeded diced roughly
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1/4 bunch of coriander
- 1/4 bunch of parsley
- 10 leaves of mint
- 1 preserved lemon skin only or lemon zest
- 50 ml of olive oil
- For the spice mix:
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- pinch of chili flakes
- For the pasta:
- 2 cups /200g dried pasta of choice
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/ Gas 4.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the chunks of onion, green chili, green pepper, and spices.Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until browned.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then add all the remaining ingredients except the oil in a food processor and the roasted veggies. Drizzle the oil slowly whilst the process is blitzing. Blits until a puree, stopping a few times to scrape off the sides.
- Thats the 'zhoug' green pesto done.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, drain and mix it through the green pesto. Sprinkle the nooch ( nutritional yeast flakes ) and serve!