A Vegan Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Bagel! If you are someone who used to love those egg breakfast bagels/sandwiches, this is for you!
A juicy, protein-packed scrambled tofu bagel – perfect to start your day. Or just have it for lunch? Why not!
his version with tofu is a simple scramble with a few ingredients. But when done, it becomes a vibrant, delicious, savory, satisfying meal to start the day.
It has got a slight twist on it! I have thrown a few spices in there to spice things up…but you can customize the spices to your own preference.
The recipe is flexible to taste, add veggies of choice, change up the spices, and make this your own.
What’s your favorite breakfast?
How do you like to start the day? Or do you skip breakfast? I am curious!
I love starting my day with breakfast because it helps me not worry about food once it all gets busy.
Other favorite breakfasts for me include – Healthy Granola Bar On The Go, Spinach pancakes with hummus ,Healthy Protein Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl and etc…
If you end up making this recipe, do let me know how you found this Vegan Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Bagel if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me/tag me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Vegan Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Bagel
- 1/2 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 red or yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 red chili sliced or sub for pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin or ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 14 oz/340g firm tofu lightly squeezed to remove extra dipping moisture and crumbled evenly
- 1/2 bunch of coriander/cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp kala namak
- To Serve:
- Bagel I used my homemade bagels
- hummus to spread or vegan butter
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 mins or until starting to get golden. Add garlic and chili and a pinch of salt and cook for another 2 mins until golden.
- Add turmeric, cumin, black pepper, and mix in. Add tomatoes and 1/4 tsp salt and mix in, cook for a minute to soften. (Add in other veggies such as peppers, zucchini, etc with the tomatoes if you like)
- Add cilantro, crumbled tofu, and 1/4 tsp salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 2 mins (longer for dryer). Taste and adjust.
- Sprinkle in Kala namak, and mix in for a few seconds and take off the heat. Let sit for a minute before serving over toasts, stuffed in a bagel or part of a breakfast bowl with roasted potatoes, and crunchy greens.