This Warming Sweet Potato And Lentil Dhal is very easy to make, and it simply tastes delicious!
It’s absolutely perfect to whip up quick on a cold evening. This lentil curry will warm you up, and give you a nutrient boost.
It packs a lot of nutritious goodness too; you get your 3 out of your 5 a day per portion, not to mention it’s filling and it’s high in protein and complex carbs and low in calories, which makes it ideal for people who are trying to lose weight.
All you need to do is to cook your onions in the spices, then simply add the diced potatoes, the lentils, and then the vegetable stock, cover and cook. It’s that simple. The only thing that may take some time, is the preparation of the vegetables, the rest is quick and easy.
Just at the end before serving, add the spinach and stir it in, the heat will gently wilt it and you won’t need to to any further cooking.
More Side Dish Recipes to Try:
1.Easy Harissa And Herb Cauliflower Rice
2.Easy Loaded Hummus Bowl
3.Oven-Baked Rice With Spinach
Do let me know how you found this Warming Sweet Potato And Lentil Dhal recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
1 medium-sized onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
Thumb sized ginger peeled and finely chopped
1 red chili diced
1,1/2 teaspoons of turmeric
750ml of veg stock
1, 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of garam masala
2 sweet potatoes about 420g diced into even chunks
250 of red lentils
Bag of spinach about 80g
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander to serve (optional)
Minced Garlic to serve ( optional )
Melted margarine ( optional )
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wide deep pan with a fitting lid on low heat. Add the onion and cook on low for about 5-6 minutes stirring frequently, until softened.
2. Add the garlic, the ginger and the chili in the pan and cook for 1 minute. Then add all the spices and cook for another minute.
3. Turn up the heat to medium, add the sweet potatoes to the pan and coat the potato in the mixture.
4. Add the lentils to the pan and bring it to the boil, then reduce the heat cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potato is tender.
5. Just before serving, stir in the spinach so it gets wilted, then serve with the chopped coriander on top.
I like to enjoy this Warming Sweet Potato And Lentil Dhal with some cheeky garlic bread, or with our quick 3-ingredient Vegan Naan bread recipe.
But of course, it’s entirely up to you whether you would like to pair it with any side. It’s perfectly filling and fine eaten on its own.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023