A WFPB Potato Pepper & Pineapple Stew. That doesn’t require any oil, or anything processed to make it delicious and irresistible on a cold day.
With something of a Caribbean feel, this has a delicious sweet-sour quality – the roasted pineapple is particularly tasty! All the fruit, veg, and seasonings are roasted together, then a portion of them is blitzed to make a thick spicy sauce.
I like to serve this stew with a side of quinoa or rice.
This is the kind of vegan comfort food that is perfect for a cozy night in, curled up on the couch under a big soft blanket.
Another thing I truly love about this vegan stew recipe is that it is extremely easy to make.
It is also packed full of healthy ingredients like bell peppers, pineapple, sweet potatoes, spiced, and herbs. We should all eat more of those!
Another awesome thing about this stew is…
1. It’s suitable for a whole food plant-based diet
2. It’s obviously oil-free, and processed ingredients-free.
3. It’s gluten-free
4. It’s super delicious & easy to make!
Rich, creamy, and packed with flavor! Made with sweet potato chunks and hearty peppers, this stew is perfect for dinner, or packed for lunch at work!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this WFPB Potato Pepper & Pineapple Stew if you do try it! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
WFPB Potato Pepper & Pineapple Stew
- 3 1/4 cups/500g of sweet potatoes
- 2 medium-sized red peppers
- 3 cups/400g of pineapple peeled cored.
- 2 medium white onions roughly diced
- 4 cloves of garlic halved
- 1 medium-sized hot chili halved
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme
- 2-3 bay leaves roughly crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp of allspice
- 1 cup/200ml of hot veg stock
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce or tamari sauce for a GF option
- 1 tsp of salt
- half a lime juiced
- Preheat the oven to 190C/370F/170C fan/gas 5.
- Deseed the peppers and roughly chops them. Wash the sweet potatoes, and dice them into chunks too. Cut the pineapple into cubes.
- Put the diced vegetables, including the onion, garlic, chili, herbs, and spices ( cinnamon, allspice, thyme, bay leaves) in a baking tray and mix well.
- Roast in the oven for 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Spoon half the mixture onto a food processor, or blender and pour the hot stock, soy sauce, salt, and lime juice. Blitz to a puree, and transfer the puree in a bowl, add the remaining roasted veggies, and mix well. Serve.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
Julian4 September 2021 at 20h59
Superb. I am always amazed at what we can do with a few veggies, some water and a little seasoning.
Thank you Elena.
Elena4 September 2021 at 21h00
I am so, so pleased you liked the recipe!