This Wild Rice Salad With Walnuts & Cauliflower is perfect for the hot summer days as it is a no-fuss recipe. It’s refreshing, crunchy to eat with different textures, and very simple! Just adding, mixing, and shaking things up then you have a meal for the entire family!
This salad can be warm or cold, served as a side, for a dinner party, or for a wholesome filling low-calorie lunch.
This dish is low in fat and high in fibre and packed with vitamins, minerals and protein.
An amazing dish that will provide long-lasting satiety and stable blood sugar levels.
This colour-popping, vitamin-packed substantial salad is guaranteed to go down a treat on any buffet table. It would also be ideal to serve at a barbeque or pack along for a picnic.
The combination of ingredients is so perfect – wholesome wild rice, toasted crunchy walnuts, colourful, and juicy cauliflower, topped off with flavoursome spring onions, parsley and a drizzle of tahini.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
1. Chopping Board
2. Sauce Pan
3. Mixing Bowl
5. Baking Tray
Do let me know how you found this Wild Rice Salad With Walnuts & Cauliflower if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Wild Rice Salad Walnuts & Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 small head of cauliflower or broccoli
- 2 small red pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup/100g of wild rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- Optional toppings:
- 1/4 bunch chopped parlsey
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 1/2 cup/60g cup/60g of walnuts crushed
- Preheat the oven to 420°F/200c and set the oven rack to the highest setting. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, toss with sliced pepper with the extra-virgin olive oil and 1/2 tbsp of curry powder, and spread on a sheet tray. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until soft and very brown in spots, turning halfway through.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the rice. Add the wild rice in a pot and add vegetable stock to cover the rice. Cook on low heat for about an hour or until the rice is soft or just al-dente.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain it and toss the rice with the remaining 1/2 tbsp of curry powder, the salt, and black pepper.
- To serve, place the roasted cauliflower on a serving platter and top with rice, red peppers, parsley, spring onions if using and crushed walnuts.
- You can drizzle s tablespoon of Tahini, it works great, but it's optional.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023