Vegan Chocolate Orange Macaroons
Vegan Chocolate Macarons filled with a Vegan Chocolate Orange Ganache. They are delicious, rich, dairy-free, gluten-free, and perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Liquid from one 13oz can/tin chickpeas
- 1 cup/120g almond flour
- 1/2 cup/50g icing sugar/powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup/25g cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup/68g of sugar 5.6oz/
- 1 cup/160g Chocolate orange bar
- 1/4 cup/60ml of almond milk
Put the chickpea liquid in a pan, and bring it to the boil. Reduce the chickpea sauce for about 5 minutes.
Put the dry ingredients in a blender except for the caster sugar and blend till it resembles crumbles. Pass through a sieve. Whip up the reduced cooled aquafaba till fluffy and creamy. Add the caster sugar to the creamed aquafaba. Whisk again.
Fold in the dry ingredients. But don’t overmix. Using a piping bag, Pipe even small circles onto a parchment paper. Chill the tray for 2 hours before baking.
Bake at 250F/120C. For 30 minutes. Once baked, cool.
Melt the chocolate, then add the almond milk to it, mix and chill in the freezer for a bit until it just sets (not runny) Pipe some of the chocolate in the middle of one macron, and top with another (sandwiching).
These Vegan Chocolate Macarons can be stored in the fridge for a few days, usually from 4-7 days, and in the freezer for up to 1 or 2 months.
1.Aquafaba is the water you obtain from cooking chickpeas (or other legumes). The aquafaba I use is water drained from a chickpea can. I prefer low or no sodium chickpea water, mainly because of the taste, I feel like the salted chickpea water adds a weird taste to meringues and such.
2. Please make sure to have an oven thermometer! I receive a lot of troubleshooting questions and the great majority are issues caused due to not having an oven thermometer.
3. If the batter is too thick while mixing, add a teaspoon of aquafaba as you mix, until you obtain the perfect consistency.