This Easy No-Added Oil Creamy Zucchini Hummus
A low cal, filling snack. Perfect for a light snack, or a side dish for a hot summer day or for a picnic outside.
- 1, 1/2 cups/225 of roasted and cooled zucchini
- 1 cup/200g Cooked Chickpeas drained or 15oz can drained
- 1 tbsp of water if needed to help to blend
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp of cumin
- ½ Lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp of fresh or dried parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
To cook the zucchini:Preheat the oven at 375F/180C.add the sliced zucchini onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Cool them before blending with the chickpeas.
Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor (except the water) and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth. If it's too thick, add the water to slightly thin it.
Serve as a dip or spread.
Optional: top with sesame seeds, chia seeds, sumac, roasted zucchini.
1. This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking.
2. It can also be doubled.
3. This hummus can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.