Healthy Vegan Nut & Oil-Free Nacho Cheese Sauce
Nacho Cheese Sauce made with sweet potatoes that are blended with creamy coconut milk with zesty seasonings. It's so creamy, delicious, healthy, gluten-free, and oil-free.
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/2 to 1-inch cubes(about 300g)
- 1/4 cup/61ml coconut milk or any dairy-free milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
Place the sweet potato cubes into a medium saucepan and cover with water. Place the pot on stove over high heat and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and allow to simmer until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and allow the potatoes to cool a bit.
Place the sweet potato and all remaining ingredients into a food processor bowl. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the downsides of the bowl as needed. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed.
Serve warm or chilled.
I made my batch very thick. If you'd like yours thinner, just add water or unflavored non-dairy milk until desired consistency is reached.
Store the leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days!