I finally got my hands on the famous Vegamour hair products.
As someone who has struggled to find good vegan-friendly and cruelty-free hair care products, Vegamour was on the list to try.
In this review today, I will be sharing my personal and honest opinion, after testing Vegamour’s hair products for an extended period of time. I also have before and after pictures!
HYDR-8 Shampoo & Conditioner
When I opened the box of the products when they arrived, the shampoo immediately stood out to me. It has a very appealing visual appearance. I also love the colors of the Vegamour products.
Vegamour has many shampoo and conditioner options, but I chose the HYDR-8, and tested it.
- Smells great. The shampoo and conditioner both smell great, but once applied to the hair and washed, the hair smells great afterwards too.
- Not greasy. It is easy to apply and wash off hands.
- Really made a difference to my frizzy hair. After only 2 washes, I was able to tell the difference.
- Enhanced shine: After my first wash, and drying my hair, I could immediately tell how shiny my hair became. I don’t think I have ever had shiner hair before, with any product.
- It’s vegan-friendly. Most importantly, the shampoo and conditioner set are made totally vegan-friendly.
- It’s an obvious premium product. You get what you pay for with this product. It’s on the expensive side, but it really delivers the results you want.
- It’s expensive! Compared to other vegan-friendly shampoos and conditioners, Vegamous is on the premium side, and it can be quite expensive for some.
- Sensitivity: While the products may work well for many, individuals with sensitive skin or specific allergies should be cautious and check the ingredient list to ensure there are no components that may cause irritation.
- Availability: Depending on the geographical location, Vegamour products may not be readily available in all areas. Limited availability could be a drawback for individuals looking to purchase the HYDR-8 Shampoo.
HYDR-8 Deep Moisture Repair Mask
The next product I used alongside the shampoo and conditioner was the HYDR-8 Deep Moisture Repair Mask.
It comes in a big container, and you only need a little bit, so it’s definitely good value for money.
I applied it after washing off the shampoo, and allowed it to sit on my hair for 5 minutes, before rinsing.
- Intense Hydration: My hair felt hydrated and healthy after 1 wash using the combination of the mask and the shampoo.
- Strengthening: My hair is naturally frizzy and thin, I found that the mask really helped strengthen my hair and also helped make it appear voluminous.
- Frizz Reduction: I tested only using the HYDR-8 shampoo and conditioner, without the mask, and the result was reduced frizz, but when I used both, the frizz became almost non-existent. Which is why I recommend purchasing both for best results. Especially if you have frizzy hair like mine.
- Easy To Apply: I found the product easy to apply on my hair, and comb it through. Often, what I find with many conditioners is the difficulty of combing it, but the mask made my hair soft and easy to comb through. It smells fantastic too.
- Cruelty-Free: The product is 100% vegan-friendly.
- It’s also expensive… It’s fair to say that Vegamour is a premium hair-care brand, but it is worth the price in my opinion. If you are careful with how much you use, it should last you for over a month!
- Limited Availability: Depending on geographical location or distribution channels, the HYDR-8 Deep Moisture Repair Mask may not be widely available. Limited accessibility could be a drawback for individuals looking to purchase the product.
GRO Lash Serum
I also ordered Vegamour’s lash serum, but I am still in the process of testing it, so I will report later.
The first impression is the packaging! It’s an experience simply opening the serum daily to apply it. It’s inside a cool little box, and the brush to apply to my lashes is so effective and makes it very easy to apply.
Final Thoughts On Vegamour
As I mentioned earlier, I have tested so many hair products since I went vegan, and most of them were disappointing.
My honest opinion of Vegamour is that it truly is a fantastic brand that offers high-quality products.
The only issue with Vegamour is that it is quite a premium brand, making it quite expensive.
Nevertheless, I shall continue buying the products and recommend them to the vegan community!