These Easy Healthy Vegan Cranberry Lemon Muffins will make your house smell like the holidays! I hope they become your new favorite holiday muffin recipe. It took me 3 tries to get these muffins just right, but they were absolutely worth the effort.
These muffins are bursting with fresh cranberry and lemon flavor. They’re fluffy and moist and delicious—everything I want a muffin to be.
Sweet with a hint of lemon, these vegan cranberry-lemon muffins are tender, moist, and surprisingly oil-free.
Plus, they’re made with wholesome ingredients like wholemeal spelt flour and vegan yogurt, and they’re naturally sweetened with maple syrup. These muffins are healthier than most!
Did I mention that you can easily mix these together by hand? No mixer required. Serve them for breakfast or brunch, or bring them to your holiday parties this year!
Tips for making these delicious muffins:
Pro tip: The proper way to measure flour is to spoon flour into your measuring cup and level off the top with a knife. Do not scoop flour into your cups, or you could end up with way too much flour, and dry/tough muffins.
Baking powder and baking soda: These are leavening agents, which help the muffins rise so they are light and fluffy. These ingredients are not the same thing and are not interchangeable, so be careful with your measurements!
Fine sea salt: I prefer to use non-iodized sea salt instead of plain table salt because it has a cleaner taste and contains some good-for-you trace minerals. You can substitute regular salt if that’s what you have!
Agave or maple syrup: Instead of sugar, these muffins are naturally sweetened with Agave or maple syrup! These do impart some delicious flavor, so choose your favorite.
Vegan yogurt: I used vanilla Alpro yogurt. But I also tried using the Alpro version of coconut, and they both worked great!
Oat flour: It’s super easy to make your own, simply add oats to your blender, and blend until a fine powder. Should take a minute!
Lemon zest: A hint of lemon in there ads an extra zing to these yummy muffins!
Cranberries: I used dried ones, but I am pretty sure fresh ones will do too 😉
Now, it’s time to bake!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Cranberry Lemon Muffins if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Vegan Cranberry Lemon Muffins
- 1 cup/120g whole-grain spelt flour
- 1 cup/100g of oat flour
- 1/2 cup/50g shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 lemon zested plus juiced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup/60g dried cranberries
- 1 cup/246g plain or vanilla non-dairy yogurt
- 1/3 cup/81g plain non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup/170g pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C.
- In a large bowl, combine the spelt flour, oat flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, cranberries, salt, and lemon zest. Mix well. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, maple syrup, milk, and lemon juice.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, and stir through until just combined. Scoop into a muffin tray with muffin liners (parchment liners work well), filling 12. Bake for 19-22 minutes, until set and golden. Remove and let cool in the muffin pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Oat flour: It's super easy to make your own, simply add oats to your blender, and blend until a fine powder. Should take a minute!