My latest creation is this Easy Healthy Vegan Creamy Pea & Mint Soup that’s immune-boosting green goddess soup. It’s packed with veggies and aromatics like mint.
Only needs one pot and a blender, and of course a touch of green love 😀
If you know of the classic pea and mint soup, then you will love this vegan version of this good ol’ classic.
This soup is such a winner! Simple, nutritious, and definitely delicious.
This soup can be eaten hot or cold, it’s perfect for the summer days, and it’s just as perfect on a cold rainy day too!
For me, this is the healthiest, yummiest soup out there. You literally get a bowl of goodness here!
Anyway, let me stop bragging, let’s just give it a go and you will know what I mean…
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Creamy Pea & Mint Soup if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan dishes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Soup Recipes:
Easy Healthy Vegan Creamy Pea & Mint Soup
- 1 tbsp of olive oil for frying
- 1 leek
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cubes vegetable stock
- 1/2 large white potato
- 200 g / 7oz broccoli florets
- large handful kale
- large handful Spinach
- 2 cups/300g frozen peas
- 1 lemon
- large handful of fresh mint leaves
- large pinch chilli flakes
- salt & pepper
- To serve:
- soy or oat cream
- fresh green leaves
- pumpkin seeds or similar
- Drizzle a little oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Trim and discard the roots of the leek, then slice and add to the saucepan. Fry for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Peel and dice the garlic, then add it to the saucepan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the 2 stock cubes with 1.5 litres of hot water straight from the kettle. Then peel the potato and dice it into 1cm cubes. Add both the vegetable stock and potato to the saucepan. Cover the saucepan with a lid, reduce to a low-medium heat and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, cover the saucepan with the lid and cook for 5 – 10 minutes or until broccoli and potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the kale, spinach. Leave to cook for a few minutes until the kale and spinach have wilted
- Now add the peas and cook for one more minute ...( it’s really important that you don’t overcook the peas, otherwise you will lose that amazing green colour)
- Transfer the soup to a blender along with the juice from the lemon, mint leaves and chilli flakes. Blend on high for a couple of minutes or until the soup is smooth. We love the soup to have a fairly strong mint flavour, so we’ll usually taste at this point and add more mint if necessary. Note, you may have to do this in two batches if your blender isn’t big enough.
- Taste and season to perfection with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of dairy-free cream, a handful of green leaves and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds.
- Or any topping you like, I went for sumac, extra chilli flakes, parsley, and a sliced leek!