This is my Mom’s Easy 6 Vegetable Baked Casserole! It’s packed full of fresh and nutritious vegetables, which are slowly baked to perfection.
This dish reminds me a lot of my childhood. I believe this was one of the very first dishes my mum showed me how to cook.
I remember the process of having to chop all this cabbage-like it was yesterday. It was the best time I ever spent with my mum – in the kitchen. This was the time – for us. There was nothing else, but us and that cabbage.
I remember we used to cook the cabbage and veggies on the stove first until it softens, then we would slow cook it in the oven…I remember we always used to cook that dish in the winter, when it was so cold, but the kitchen so warm. The steam coming off that pot full of veggies…Oh and the smell!
This dish really brings me back to some of the few good memories of my childhood.
I am sharing this recipe with you today, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. This recipe has always had a special place in my heart.
Do let me know how you found Mum’s Easy 6 Vegetable Baked Casserole if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Mom's Easy 6 Vegetable Baked Casserole
- 13 z/300g if tomatoes on the vine good quality tomatoes is important
- diced 1/4 of small white cabbage diced
- 3-4 handfuls of peas frozen or fresh
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 white onion sliced
- 2 big cloves of garlic minced
- 1 rib of celery sliced
- 1 small carrot - thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of mixed dried herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- Black pepper
- Lay all the vegetables into a baking tray or ideally a casserole. Drizzle the oil and add the spices and salt. Fill with water just enough to cover and mix. Preheat the oven to 350f/180c.
- Put the baking tray with the veggies in the oven and bake for about 1 hour and 40 minutes or until the water has evaporated. Make sure you check it and stir it a few times.
- Serve hot or cold, as a side dish.
The most important thing though is the quality of tomatoes! Canned tomatoes just won't cut it!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023