You’re going to be dipping everything into this beautiful vibrantly Creamy Squash Pecan & Maple Hummus! It’s perfect for fall, and the flavors work wonderfully well together!
You can use it for either a savory or a sweet snack, which makes it perfectly versatile. I love dipping it with pretzels, & oatcakes.
This delicious velvety smooth dip or spread is perfect for a large crowd and requires so little effort and a few basic cupboard essentials. Plus, it makes a gorgeous vegan appetizer for your next holiday parties.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Butternut Squash/ Pumpkin
- Maple Syrup
- Pecan Nuts
As you can see, I have not added any oil to this recipe, to keep it healthier and suitable for a WFPB diet! And believe me – it doesn’t need the oil!
Tips For Making This Super-Yummy Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more squash, omit cumin, increase the amount of tahini/maple, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this squash hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
Shall we make some fall-inspired hummus?
Do let me know how you found this Easy Creamy Squash Pecan & Maple Hummus recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Creamy Squash Pecan & Maple Hummus
- 1 1/2 cups/300g Cooked chickpeas or 15oz can drained.
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 handful pecan nuts
- 2 tbsp water
- For the Squash:
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped butternut Squash
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375F/200C.
- Place the cubed squash onto a parchment paper lined tray and add the maple, nutmeg, and chili flakes. Mix well, then bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.Be careful, because, it may burn quickyl, as it has maple syrup which caremelizes and cooks quicker.
- Once the squash is cooked and cooled, add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023