This Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Cheesy Cornbread will be your new favorite at your dinner table! It’s literally melt in the mouth goodness!
This one packs a punch! Especially if you like things spicy. It’s incredibly flavorsome, rich and so so tasty and fluffy!
This one is my go-to recipe for thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is all about comfort, and of course – comfort food!
To make things extra naughty, I sometimes warm up the leftovers and spread some vegan butter on it! Yum yum!
Not the healthiest recipe I have shared here, but it most certainly pumps up the dopamine levels.
An absolute love at first bite.
This recipe is gluten-free and vegan, of course! If anyone tells you that vegans only eat grass – give them a slice of this bad boy and they will shut up for good 😀
What’s your favorite Vegan Thanksgiving dish?
This cornbread is my definite favorite!
Thanksgiving as a vegan can prove to be challenging, but really, these days, you are literally two clicks away from finding the perfect veganized recipe for anything!
I have loads more side dishes on my blog. Check them out 😉
If you end up making this recipe, do let me know how you found this Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Cheesy Cornbread if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me/tag me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Cheesy Cornbread
- 1 1/4 cups/150g fine-grain cornmeal polenta
- 1 cup/ 125g All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder gluten-free
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup/80g mashed boiled sweet potatoes or pumpkin puree
- 1 cup/236ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup/40g melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 jalapeños de-seeded and finely diced plus slices for the tops or green chilies
- ½ cup/80g cooked corn kernels
- ¾ cup/50g vegan cheese shreds I used violife
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Mix the almond milk and lemon juice together. Let sit for at least 3 minutes to create vegan buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together EXCEPT the final 2 tablespoons of butter. Mix slowly to incorporate, then a bit quicker to mix together properly.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Add in the diced jalapeños, corn, and cheese and mix gently.
- In your cast iron skillet, add the 2 tablespoons of butter. Place the cast iron in your oven and leave it there until the butter is melted and the cast iron is hot about 3-5 minutes. You want the cast iron to be hot so that the dough starts baking the second it hits the cast iron.
- Remove the cast iron CAREFULLY with an oven mitt, it will be very hot. Spoon the batter into the cast iron and on top of the butter.
- Add a few thin slices of jalapeño to the top of the cornbread and press down gently. Bake for 25 minutes, until the crust, is golden brown and the butter is bubbling on the sides.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut and serve. Enjoy!
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023