I have been looking for a melty, stretchy, vegan nut-free mozzarella cheese, so I made this Easy Nut-Free Vegan Mozzarella Cheese. Are you Missing cheese? Want it nut-free? Oh, and easy to make? this recipe is for you!
Let me first say that for vegans, there are so many more options now than ever before.
There are multiple tasty options at stores. But, most of them have oil in them, and I try not to consume oil. That’s why I made my own.
Additionally, many are cashew-based. I have no problem with nuts but a lot of recipes, and vegan cheeses are based on nuts, so I tried to think outside the box.
In response to all of this, I challenged myself to make a tasty, stretchy, melty, oil-free, nut-free, mozzarella sauce. Anddd….t was ridiculously easy!
So what’s the secret ingredient? – Tofu!
Why not? It’s white, its protein-packed, it can be made gooey, and with a little cooking – it can become stretchy!
Tools for this recipe:
You’ll only need a blender or a food processor a saucepan, and a stove to make this Vegan Mozzarella Cheese. After blending, you’ll be cooking it on the stovetop for just around 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly. ( won’t need the gym after that )
Do let me know how you found this Easy Nut-Free Vegan Mozzarella Cheese if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Nut-Free Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 block 396 grams firm tofu, drained
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 tablespoons tapioca starch or corn-starch, but it won't make it as stretchy if you use cornstarch
- 2 cloves of garlic if you do not have a high-speed blender you may need to mince these first or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- About 1/2 cup/118g of water you want it slightly thicker than cake batter
- Blend all ingredients on high until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a medium non-stick saucepan and heat on medium heat.
- Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes. Sauce will start to curdle and separate. Just keep stirring.
- You will know the sauce is done when it is stretchy like melted mozzarella cheese.
- After cooking, immediately (within 20-ish minutes), spoon it ( onto whatever dish you like.
- Reheats wonderfully on whatever it is put on.
It can be frozen too!