This Easy Vegan Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Baguette is the vegans’ comfort food dream.
It’s so delicious, messy, comforting vegan goodness. Food like this makes me wanna shout to the whole world asking them “LOOK AT THIS…WHY NOT BECOME VEGAN????!”
You can have so much sexy food as a vegan, from delicious and healthy, to super-naughty delicious and junky.
I like serving this vegan Philly cheesesteak with a side of crispy chili fries, for an additional extra deliciousness and grease 😀
Lots of other recipes call for making your own seitan so you can have shredded meat or buy vegan ‘ground meats’. But, for those who know me, I am a simple, lazy cook, who likes things easier, and sometimes healthier. Hence the reason why I used mushrooms in this recipe.
However, I did leave an option below for vegan meat alternatives, as I know that a lot of people dislike mushrooms and perhaps, want extra protein to their Philly cheesesteak. The choice is yours. I chose the mushroom route, and it came out delicious nevertheless!
What Type Of Vegan Cheese To Use:
I have a favorite vegan cheese that I stick to regularly. It’s called Violife.
It melts fantastically, and it’s delicious. But by all means, use any type of cheese you prefer!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Vegan Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Baguette if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Vegan Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Baguette
- 1 large onion cut into strips
- 1 1/2 bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups/350g vegan minced 'meat' Sub with mushrooms if you want I used chestnut mushrooms
- 5 tbsp of grated vegan cheese + 2 slices of vegan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 pinches of chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large baguette
- Preheat oven to 375F/180C.
- In a little bit of oil on medium-high heat, saute strips of onion until translucent and brown, about 5-10 minutes. Once the onions start to cook, add in your green peppers and cook for a little until green peppers start to become soft.
- Add in your vegan 'meat' and all of the spices and mix until well combined. Saute until the vegan 'meat'/grated mushrooms is browned and cooked.
- Place your baguette and one slice of vegan cheese each in the oven and cook until the inside of the bread is crispy to the touch.
- Meanwhile, put the 5tbsp of grated vegan cheese on top of the 'meat' and veggie mixture in the pan. Cover the pan and let cook for 2-4 minutes or until the vegan cheese is melted. Once the vegan cheese is melted, take your spatula and mix until the cheese is combined throughout the Philly cheesesteak filling.
- Remove the baguette from the oven once it's crispy. Cut lengthways ( not completely, just create a pocket) Carefully spoon the filling onto the baguette The filling may spill out but don't worry! Cut in half and eat up! Or eat it all by yourself 😀
- Serve immediately with the desired side dish.