These healthy Oil-Free & Gluten-Free Vegan Pancakes are packed with nutritious ingredients like quinoa, almond, flax, and coconut! The perfect way to kickstart your day with a breakfast that tastes like dessert!
Let me tell you a secret – these pancakes have carrots in them. Yep. Who knew you would ever add carrots to pancakes? But it works so well. Have you ever had carrot cake? if so, and you like it, you will absolutely love these vegan pancakes.
They are healthy, gluten-free, and the batter is made in the blender for you. The pancakes come out fluffy and so delicious.
For reheating, I like to pop them in the toaster so they get crispy on the outside. And then I spread them with some creamy peanut butter and top them with either sliced banana or apple and HOLY YUM!
When you eat these pancakes, it’s like you are eating carrot cake, but really, it’s a pancake…this recipe is definitely fun.
More Vegan Pancake Recipes:
1. Super Easy Vegan Spinach Pancakes (No-Banana)
2. Best-Ever Vegan Easy Healthy Pancakes
3. Easy Healthier Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
Do let me know how you found these Oil-Free & Gluten-Free Vegan Pancakes though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Recipe makes about 12 pancakes
2 tablespoons of flaxseeds ( mixed with 6 tablespoons of water, this is a vegan egg! )
1 cup/120g quinoa flour
1/2 cup/60g almond flour
1/4 cup/25g rolled oats ( use certified gluten-free )
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking powder ( use Gluten-free )
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cup/345g non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup/50g shredded carrots preferably freshly grated (optional)
1. Whisk together the 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal and 6 tablespoons water and set aside to gel.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder and salt.
Beat together the flax eggs, milk, and syrup then pour into the dry and mix until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the carrots
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan ( that’s really important if you want these pancakes oil-free and nicely shaped ) Ladle ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and repeat until you have filled your pan. Cook the pancakes until small bubbles begin to form around the edges, about 2 – 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes longer until the other sides are golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains.
As usual – the first pancake or two may not come out great, they may tear, stick, and whatever else. But trust me, the others will be fine!
Serve warm with your desired toppings and pure maple syrup.
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023