This Oil-Free Vegan Pea & Potato Curry is rich, creamy, and packed with flavor! Made with potatoes and hearty peas.
You don’t need oil to cook a delicious curry, and you don’t need to eat unhealthy food to eat delicious food! You can have the best of both worlds, and this recipe is exactly that.
This vegan potato curry is also a great way to eat more vegetables. I always talk about my love for vegetables, and how it’s possible to add more of them to your diet even if you’re not a fan of salad.
You can cook a delicious curry, serve it over fluffy white rice, and thanks to the tomatoes and spinach, still get in a couple of servings of veg. Healthy eating is all about making small changes whenever you can and optimizing the nutritional value of your favorite dishes.
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Oil-Free Vegan Pea & Potato Curry recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Oil-Free Vegan Pea & Potato Curry
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 5 oz fresh tomatoes chopped around 5 medium tomatoes
- 14 oz/400g potatoes chopped
- 1 can/400g coconut milk or 14 oz
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup/100g spinach
- 1/2 cup/100g green peas fresh or thawed from frozen
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked rice to serve (optional)
- Add the garlic and onion to a non-stick saucepan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add a splash of water if it starts to stick to keep this recipe oil-free. Then, add the tomato paste and sauté for 1 minute more to coat.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and press them down gently. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, until the tomatoes start to release their juices.
- Add the potatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, and garam masala. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, for around 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- At the last minute, stir in the spinach and the green peas, cooking until the spinach has wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve over a bed of rice of your choice.