These Fluffy Gluten-Free Vegan Naans are so, so easy to make and are so delicious!
All you need is 3 ingredients!
– plain dairy-free yogurt (coconut is best I think)
– Self-raising gluten-free flour
And that’s it! It’s that easy! Obviously, you might need a bit of melted margarine, and a bit of coriander or garlic but all these options are up to you on how you would like to finish your naans. When you shape your naans, make them fairly thin, because they are going to be put on a very hot pan, so you want them to cook quickly so they don’t burn.
Also, these Fluffy Gluten-Free Vegan Naans don’t have to be gluten-free, if you are fine with gluten, simply replace the gluten-free flour with wheat self-rasing flour.
Makes about 4-5 naans
225g of self-raising gluten-free flour
200g of plain dairy-free yogurt (coconut is best I think)
Half a teaspoon of salt
Melted margarine to brush the naans
Chopped coriander ( optional )
Minced garlic (optional )
1. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, the yogurt, and the salt and combine. It should form a soft dough.
2. Divide the dough into 4 and try to shape them to resemble a teardrop. The thinner you make them, the quicker and easier you will cook them without burning them, or without ending up with a raw dough in the middle.
3. Head a none stick frying pan, but not smoking hot. Put your naans onto the pan, and cook on each side for about 40 seconds. Don’t lose sight, because they can burn very quickly!
Brush the cooked naans with the melted margarine and sprinkle the coriander and the garlic. Serve immediately!
You can enjoy these yummy Naans with our Warming Sweet Potato And Lentil Dhal.