These Fluffy Gluten-Free Vegan Naans are so, so easy to make and are so delicious!
All you need is 3 ingredients and 20 minutes. This vegan naan bread is perfect for a curry night.
I love, love curries, dals, and all Indian food. I have got a good selection on my blog for Indian recipes. I love all sorts of comfort foods, I think Indian food really is comforting and warming.
Nothing beats a spicy warm curry with a fluffy naan on a cold day!
How To Make Gluten-Free Vegan Naan Bread:
You will need:
– Vegan plain yogurt
– Self-raising gluten-free flour
And that’s it! It’s that easy! Obviously, you might need a bit of melted vegan butter, and a bit of coriander or garlic but all these options are up to you on how you would like to finish your naans. When you shape your naans, make them fairly thin, because they are going to be put on a very hot pan, so you want them to cook quickly so they don’t burn.
Also, these Fluffy Gluten-Free Vegan Naans don’t have to be gluten-free, if you are fine with gluten, simply replace the gluten-free flour with wheat self-rasing flour.
For a healthier alternative to vegan butter, you can brush the naans with coconut oil. They will still be very yummy!
Vegan Curry Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Fluffy Gluten-Free Vegan Naans recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Fluffy Gluten-Free Vegan Naans
- 1 1/2 heaped cups/225g of self-raising gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup/200g of plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Melted vegan butter to brush the naans
- Chopped coriander optional
- Minced garlic optional
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, the yogurt, and the salt and combine. It should form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 and try to shape them to resemble a teardrop. The thinner you make them, the quicker and easier you will cook them without burning them, or without ending up with a raw dough in the middle.
- Head a none stick frying pan, but not smoking hot. Put your naans onto the pan, and cook on each side for about 40 seconds. Don't lose sight, because they can burn very quickly!
- Brush the cooked naans with the melted vegan butter and sprinkle the coriander and the garlic. Serve immediately!
- You can enjoy these yummy naan with my Easy Vegan Creamy Lentil & Sweet Potato Curry