These 1-Ingredient Red Lentil Protein Tortillas are high protein, vegan & gluten-free! All you will need is 1 ingredient and a bit of water to make these super soft & flexible tortillas.
These tortillas can easily be called red lentil pancakes as well, but they are savoury. Wouldn’t recommend you spreading jam on there 😀
However, I do recommend treating them as a wrap. Fill them in with your favourite toppings and wrap them for lunch.
They are quite versatile.
If you are looking for something healthier than regular flour tortillas, or even tortilla chips – then you have to try out these tortillas.
So What’s The Process Of Making These Red Lentil Tortillas?
Start by soaking the red lentils in water for at least 4-5 hours.
If you are short on time, use the quick soak method by soaking the red lentils in boiling water for 20 minutes.
Using a high-speed blender, blend the lentils with the soaking water with a touch of salt. The batter consistency will resemble pancake batter, not traditional tortilla dough.
Then cook the batter as you would pancakes. Trying to make them as thin as possible.
Tortillas can also be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to a month!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found these 1-Ingredient Red Lentil Protein Tortillas recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
1-Ingredient Red Lentil Protein Tortillas
- 1 cup/160g of red lentils rinsed
- Add 2 cups of water in a bowl with the lentils and soak for about 4-5 hours at room temp loosely covered.
- After that add a touch of salt if you like and blitz the lentils in a blender with the water you soaked the lentils with. It should be a smooth batter.
- If you have a good non-stick pan, cook the batter as you would pancakes. I had to use a bit of oil on mine, since my pan was sticking. Repeat the process until you run out of batter.
- Serve and enjoy!
The nutritional information is based if you do not use oil to cook them.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023