These 3-Ingredient Vegan Fresh Fig Cookies are really simple to make, they contain no flour, no eggs, and are sweetened with just figs, take a few mins to make, and most importantly taste delicious. They will curb pangs for something sweet to snack on. If you want a healthy breakfast full of good stuff and low in sugar, try this healthy treat recipe.
As whole fruit is used it contains sugar but as it’s not refined it retains all the fiber and is absorbed slowly into the bloodstream. I often have these breakfast cookies on the go thinking they are something indulgent but actually they are one of the healthiest breakfasts you could have.
All you need is 3-ingredients!
1. Fresh Figs
If your avoiding gluten just makes these cookies with gluten-free oats.
I had an abundance of figs, so I wondered what to do with them, luckily, this recipe came to mind and it was indeed a treat!
Do let me know how you found these 3-Ingredient Vegan Fresh Fig Cookies if you try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
3-Ingredient Vegan Fresh Fig Cookies
- 6 fresh figs about 2 1/4 cups / 400g total
- 1 cup/ 90g of rolled oats use certified gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 cup/55g of walnuts ( use pumpkin seeds to make this recipe nut-free )
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Peel the figs and mash them.
- Chop the walnuts finely then add them to your mashed figs. Finally, fold in the oats.
- Shape the dough into cookies ( the dough might be a bit wet) and place them onto a lined baking tray with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Leave them to cool for 5 minutes before moving them. This will harden them a bit.
They can be frozen too, for up to a month!