These Easy Healthy Vegan Granola Bars are a perfect quick bite to get you between meals or for a healthy quick breakfast. They also taste so decadent but pack a nutrition punch.
Loaded with nuts, seeds, oats and no oil, these breakfast bars come together really quickly. Change up the additions and flavors to preference and keep them around on the counter or in the freezer for quick snacking!
They can also be made gluten-free if you use gluten-free oats for this recipe!
Nut butter of your choice ( i used chunky peanut butter )
Chia seeds ( and mixed seeds or nuts of your choice )
And dried fruit of your choice!
To make them, simply mix together the wet ingredients, then add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. You do need to soak the chia seeds in some water though beforehand, as they will act as a glue to the mixture.
Chill the mixture in the fridge for a bit, then shape your cookies or bars and bake.
Now, I am mentioning cookies or bars, because you have two choices out of this mixture;
The choice is yours!
Calories: 162.9kcal per bar if cut into 8
2 tablespoons of chia seeds mixed with 4.5 tablespoons of water (this helps to glue the mixture together)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 cup (62.5 g) nut butter
1/2 cup (118.29 ml) maple syrup
1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (112 g) almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (81 g) oats
1/4 cup (20 g) desiccated coconut
1/3 cup (55g) seeds, sunflower, pumpkin, hemp, sesame, chia or use a mix of seeds and chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts.
3 tablespoons of dried fruit of your choice, ( I used raisins ) or if you want to be naughty add chocolate chips.
1. Add the nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and mix well. Mix the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into the almond flour. Add to the wet bowl. Then add the oats, coconut, seeds, chia seeds with the water and dried fruit to the wet bowl with the almond flour.
2. Mix everything until well combined. Press and mix to evenly hydrate the dry ingredients. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to set a bit.
3. Preheat the oven to 340 deg F (170 C).
Now at this stage, you have two options to make cookies or bars out of that mixture. To make cookies – Scoop and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press to shape into flat cookies. Press chocolate chips on top if you like.
Bake for 18 to 20 mins. Cool completely.
To make bars, simply press the mixture in a lined loaf tin or any baking tin you like and bake for about 35 minutes or until golden on top. Leave to cool completely, then cut into bars.
Store these Easy Healthy Vegan Granola Bars on the counter in a covered container for the week. Refrigerate for a few weeks. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023