This Easy Healthy Vegan Kadai Curry recipe is an easy restaurant-style side dish you can make at home too!
I love this curry, and it’s just something different than my usual vegan korma curry or other curries.
What is a Kadai Curry?
Kadai Curry is a delicious, spicy & flavourful dish made traditionally with chicken ( but don’t worry, there is no chicken here, just veggies), onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic & fresh ground spices known as Kadai masala.
Kadai actually means a wok believe it or not.
Don’t be intimidated, this recipe is a lot easier to make than it may sounds. Think of it as a stir-fry, a curried stir-fry 😉
More Vegan Curry Recipes:
1. Healthy Vegan Butter Tofu Curry With Lentils
2. Easy Healthy Vegan ‘Butter Chicken’ Curry
3. Easy Creamy Vegan Tofu Korma Curry
Let’s make this badass curry!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Kadai Curry and if there is anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/ message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
For Kadai masala spice mix:
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
4-6 dried red chilies
The veggies for the Kadai:
1/2 cup/115g peeled and chopped potatoes
1/2 cup/115g peeled and chopped carrots
1/3 cup/80g chopped french beans (or mangetout)
1/3 cup /110g cauliflower florets
1/2 a bell pepper, cubed
1/3 cup/50g green peas
2 tablespoons oil
1 bay leaf
1 big onion chopped
2 big tomatoes pureed
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon of garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon kasuri methi (if you can find it)
Making Kadai masala powder.
1. First of all dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chilies well.
Cool and grind to a fine powder.
2. Clean, peel and chop the veggies into batons or cubes.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter or oil in a Kadai ( or just use a wok). Add the cut veggies, 2 tablespoons prepared Kadai masala powder and cook well for 7-8 minutes. The veggies should wilt and shrink. Remove to a plate and set aside.
3. Puree two large tomatoes. Chop onions finely. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a Kadai or thick pan.
Pu the cloves and bay leaves, once browned, take them off. Next, add finely chopped onions and cook a bit.
Add minced ginger-garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Next, add the tomato puree and saute well. Add garam masala powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
Add the remaining Kadai masala spice powder you made earlier and mix well. Cook till the tomatoes are well cooked and mushy.
5. Now add the cooked veggies and mix well. Add about 2 cups water and required salt. Simmer till the sauce thickens for about 6-7 minutes.
6. Add crushed Kasuri methi and mix well. Remove from flame and serve Kadai vegetable hot.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023