This Easy Vegan Aloo Palak (Spinach Potato Curry) is super comforting and packed with flavor! A vegan spin on the classic Indian potato spinach curry that’s surprisingly easy to make.
Meet my ultimate comfort food curry! This was always one of my favorites from Indian restaurants.
Potato makes everything comforting, don’t they? Particularly when combined with Indian spices!
You know me, I am a big spice lover girl. Indian food is a regular go-to. As a chef, I just love bold strong flavors. And I love experimenting, so I try to veganise absolutely every dish I used to love as an Omni!
Now, this easy vegan aloo palak will be a winner with all your guests. I have tried and tested it, everybody have absolutely loved it.
So, shall we try ti?
Do let me know how you found this Easy Vegan Aloo Palak (Spinach Potato Curry) if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, If you like all the work I have put in and the content in this blog, then you can go even further in showing me your love and support by subscribing to my Patreon account (https://www.patreon.com/vegevega)
Each of the tiers will give you exclusive benefits ( so you will get a good value for your money )
It’s my passion and it’s my life’s purpose to encourage people to join me in this journey of a kind, healthy, and happy life!
I will appreciate deeply any contribution big or small; it will enable me to grow and develop my site, as well as develop exciting new recipes for you guys!
Easy Vegan Aloo Palak (Spinach Potato Curry)
- 1 pound new potatoes ( or regular potatoes ) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 serrano pepper seeded and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 12 ounces fresh spinach very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes into a large pot of salted water and set it over high heat. Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes until fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes into a colander and return them to the pot.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, ginger, serrano pepper, ground cumin, cumin seed, garam masala, and turmeric to the skillet. Toast the spices for about 1 minute, until very fragrant.
- Add the spinach and water to the skillet. Stir everything and cook until the spinach has fully wilted and most of the water has evaporated, stirring frequently about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and potatoes to the skillet. Gently stir everything to distribute the potatoes while you bring the coconut milk to a simmer.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Season the curry with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide onto plates and serve.