Easy Healthy Whole Food Plant-Based Apple Bread! It’s delicious, oil-free whole food plant based Vegan APPLE BREAD! Absolutely incredible, packed with nuts and goodness.
If you have leftover apples, this recipe is for you. The apple in this bread, comes in the form of apple sauce, that I make myself.
This recipe is quite easy to make––just mix together a few basic ingredients, bake for 50-55 minutes, and voila! A delicious vegan apple cake! Cut yourself a slice and top with some nut butter for a snack any time.
This recipe is made in 1 bowl, and it’s one of my favourite loaf recipes ever. It’s packed full of lovely stuff and aromatics. As mentioned above, it’s perfect sliced and nut butter spread on the slices…so yum!
You can use shop-bought apple sauce, but the problem is, they are loaded with added sugar, and you end up buying candy sauce really. I really recommend you making your own apple sauce.
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Whole Food Plant-Based Apple Bread if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Loaf Recipes:
Easy Healthy Whole Food Plant-Based Apple Bread
- 1/2 cup/110ml of water
- 2 large apples or 3 small, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup/52 coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp ground flax seeds I used golden for a lighter color, but brown is fine
- 1/4 cup/62g of applesauce I used my homemade one
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup/40g raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dates about 3 large
- 3 cups/300g of oat flour blended rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Optional Add Ins:
- 1/3 cup/60g chopped nuts I used half walnuts and half pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180C. Peel apples and grate using the large holes of a box grater, discarding the cores and the seeds. Place grated apples in a small mixing bowl with 1/4 cup coconut sugar and stir around together. Let apple/sugar mixture sit 15 minutes, stirring around every few minutes (don’t discard the apple juice that comes out of the apples).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients listed under ‘Dry.’ Add all remaining ingredients listed under ‘Wet’ to the apple/sugar mixture and stir to combine. Combine wet ingredients with the dry, and stir around until combined. Fold in the nuts if using.
- Pour dough mixture into a non-stick or silicone loaf pan, press mixture down with hands or back of a spoon, then bake in oven 55-65 minutes. The apple bread should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Remove from the oven and let sit in loaf pan 10 minutes. Then remove bread from pan and let cool completely before slicing.