Easy Healthy Whole Food Plant-Based Apple Bread! It’s delicious, oil-free WFPB Vegan APPLE BREAD! Incredibly moist and banana-free. Packed full of good stuff, a touch of sweetness, and filled with optional nuts.
If you have any apples that are getting a little soft, this is the perfect recipe to use them up in. The recipe calls for apple sauce which you can make yourself or you can use store-bought.
This recipe is quite easy to make––just mix together a few basic ingredients, bake for 50-55 minutes, and voila! A delicious vegan apple cake! Cut yourself a slice and top with some nut butter for a snack any time, or top it with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream for a cozy dessert! I will do both.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN APPLE BREAD
- This moist and fluffy bread is jammed full of juicy apples made fragrant with warming cinnamon and sweetened with dry fruit and a touch of coconut sugar.
- It’s also super easy to make, as it’s yeast-free which means there’s no kneading or proving required.
- This bread is great for breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea, a snack or dessert. It’s perfect for sharing with a crowd, and is great for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other holidays!
It’s suitable for a WFPB diet!
This Apple Bread keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days. Make sure to wait until it has cooled down completely before packing away to store, otherwise the trapped moisture in the bread will condense and it will become soggy. It’s delicious reheated in the toaster.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Whole Food Plant-Based Apple Bread if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Whole Food Plant-Based Apple Bread
- 2 large apples or 3 small, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup/52 coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp ground flax seeds I used golden for a lighter color, but brown is fine
- 1/4 cup/62g of applesauce I used my homemade one
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup/40g raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dates about 3 large
- 3 cups/300g of oat flour blended rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Optional Add Ins:
- 1/3 cup/60g chopped nuts I used half walnuts and half pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180C. Peel apples and grate using the large holes of a box grater, discarding the cores and the seeds. Place grated apples in a small mixing bowl with 1/4 cup coconut sugar and stir around together. Let apple/sugar mixture sit 15 minutes, stirring around every few minutes (don’t discard the apple juice that comes out of the apples).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients listed under ‘Dry.’ Add all remaining ingredients listed under ‘Wet’ to the apple/sugar mixture and stir to combine. Combine wet ingredients with the dry, and stir around until combined. Fold in the nuts if using.
- Pour dough mixture into a non-stick or silicone loaf pan, press mixture down with hands or back of a spoon, then bake in oven 55-65 minutes. The apple bread should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Remove from the oven and let sit in loaf pan 10 minutes. Then remove bread from pan and let cool completely before slicing.