These Easy Vegan Healthy Chocolate Quinoa Cookies are made without gluten, dairy, sugar, or oil, they are also nut-free,soy-free,egg-free, but are packed with fiber, and protein! Enjoy them as a light breakfast or pre-workout snack!
I know these aren’t the most beautiful cookies you’ve ever seen, but boy are they delicious. They’re moist, chocolatey, & chewy. That’s the perfect combo in my book!
What makes these chocolate quinoa cookies so healthy? For starters, they’re made without any gluten, dairy, sugar, oil, or eggs. And they’re loaded with fruit!
They’re also essentially like eating a bowl of oatmeal in cookie form. They’re great for on-the-go, they’re definitely kid-friendly, and they made an awesome pre-workout snack.
Ingredients For These Healthy Cookies:
What’s great about these healthy quinoa cookies is that they use just 6 simple ingredients:
- Flaxseed Meal
- Quinoa Flakes
- Raw Cacao Powder
- and Chocolate Chips
And combined, these ingredients are giving us a ton of amazing fiber, along with a touch of protein, a bunch of complex carbohydrates, and some antioxidants!
So instead of spiking your blood sugar like crazy and leading to a sugar crash, or going through your system super quickly and leaving you ravenous an hour later, these cookies will sustain you, they’ll give you energy and they will take longer in your system to digest.
How to Make These Healthy Quinoa-Oatmeal Cookies:
Again, we’ve got another reason to be in love with these vegan cookies…they’re crazy simple to make!
You’ll need just one bowl and about 5 minutes. Start by mashing your banana! Then you’ll add in your flax egg, stir in your dry ingredients and bake ’em up! That’s it! Even your kids can do it! Mix, mix, mix – bake!
Do let me know how you found these Easy Vegan Healthy Chocolate Quinoa Cookies if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Vegan Healthy Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup/90g rolled oats gluten-free if needed ( or any oats will do )
- 1/2 cup/60g quinoa flakes quinoa flour or more oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup/50g mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/180C and grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Or line with a parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, completely mash the banana. Stir in the flax egg.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Spoon the cookie dough on the cookie sheet, and gently flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 13 - 15 minutes, until browned and only slightly tender to the touch. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge for 2 – 3 days (if you don't eat them quicker :D)