These Easy Vegan Italian Style Meatballs are the ultimate recipe for vegan meatballs! Made with white beans and sun-dried tomatoes, these meatballs are flavorful, meaty, easy to make, and also so healthy!
I have tried a couple of vegan meatball recipes so far, but for me, these taste the yummiest, and come as close to ‘meatballs ‘can get. There is no mushroom in here, ( for all the none mushroom lovers ), only plant-based ingredients a few herbs, and boom!
They are baked to perfection without any oil, which makes this recipe oil-free. Oh, and it’s also gluten-free!
They are delicious on pasta, or on their own with some sauce.
Traditional Meatballs vs. Vegan Meatballs:
One thing to remember is that these are vegan. And with any vegan product, you’re not going to get the exact same texture or feel that you would with a traditional meat product. These are plant-based “meatballs” – i.e. no meat and no standard meaty texture – so if you’re looking for a 1:1 replacement for traditional meatballs, these aren’t going to be that.
BUT they’re still delicious! We’re combining a ton of different ingredients to give them a deep flavor and by baking them, we’re actually able to create that crispy outside and soft inside that traditional meatball have.
Do let me know how you found these Easy Vegan Italian Style Meatballs if you try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Vegan Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 15 oz/400g can/tin white beans drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup/25g or 3 large ones sun-dried tomato chopped
- 1/3 cup/30g nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup/84g quinoa flakes or quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. A process on high until the dough comes together.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into golf ball-sized "meatballs" and place them on the baking sheet. Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Bake the meatballs for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once cooked, serve immediately with your choice of pasta and sauce!