These Sticky Gluten-Free Pomegranate Glazed Cauliflower Wings are what vegan dreams are made of! They are so indulgent, so comforting and so versatile. You can eat them as they are as a side, top them on your rice or noodles, or on your quinoa salad.
These sticky cauliflower wings are sweet and sour, with a slight crunch and complemented perfectly with the background taste of orange.
What’s Pomegranate Molasses?
Pomegranate molasses is used to glaze meats normally. It’s quite sharp, so sweetness added to it is required to break through the acidity, hence the reason I have added a few tablespoons of maple syrup + orange juice.
I am a huge fan of pomegranate molasse, as I treat it the same way with vegetables like cauliflower instead of meat,.
You can find it almost anywhere these days, but I like getting mine from amazon.
How To Make These Cauliflower Wings?
The method is simple, dip the cauliflower florets in a batter, bake them, then finish them with the pomegranate glaze in a pan. Simple, and yet bursting with flavor!
How do you like your cauliflower?
Let me know, as I adore cauliflower and more recipes and ideas are welcomed 🙂
Do let me know how you found this Sticky Gluten-Free Pomegranate Glazed Cauliflower Wings if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Sticky Gluten-Free Pomegranate Glazed Cauliflower Wings
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- For the batter:
- 1/2 cup/118g of dairy-free milk or water
- 70 g of plain gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- For the pomegranate glaze:
- 1/3 cup/100g of pomegranate molasses
- 1 juice & zest of orange
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of tomato puree
- 1 tsp of harissa
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of sumac
- a handful of coriander chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Whisk together all the ingredients under the batter section of the ingredients list. It should form a thick-ish batter.
- Coat the florets in the batter and transfer them onto a lined baking tray with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until slightly golden on the top.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the ingredients under the pomegranate glaze section in the ingredient list.
- Once the cauliflower wings are baked, transfer them onto a wok, or a frying pan and add the glaze on top and sit fry until all the wings are coated in the sticky glaze.
- Serve hot, as a side, or on rice and noodles.