This Baked Sweet Potatoes With Crispy Chickpeas and Tahini recipe is super comforting and healthy!
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fiber as well as containing an array of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, and selenium, and they’re a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C.
One of the key nutritional benefits of sweet potatoes is that they’re high in an antioxidant known as beta-carotene.
Load up on protein and complex carbs with this delicious, filling, and super easy recipe.
The crunch of the chickpeas compliments the softness of the sweet potato.
And the nuttiness of the tahini, is the perfect finishing touch, as nothing compliments the chickpeas better than tahini!
Baking the sweet potatoes, makes them sweeter, because the sugar within the potato caramelizes, which makes them even more delicious.
This recipe serves 2 or makes 4 side dishes!
Let’s get on it!
How To Make Loaded Sweet Potatoes With Crispy Chickpeas:
You will need the following ingredients:
- sweet potatoes
- chopped parsley
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- olive oil
- Juice from a lemon
The sweet potato is cut lengthways, then drizzled with olive oil. The chickpeas are coated with spices and maple syrup, then the sweet potato and chickpeas are roasted.
A dressing is made out of the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and water.
Once the chickpeas are crispy and the sweet potato is tender, using a spoon, push the center of the sweet potatoes to create a hole. Add dressing, chickpeas, then dressing, and finish with the chickpeas. Add some chopped parsley on top and serve.
More Vegan Sweet Potato Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found these Baked Sweet Potatoes With Crispy Chickpeas and Tahini if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Baked Sweet Potatoes With Crispy Chickpeas and Tahini
- 2 small sweet potatoes about 250g each
- 1/4 bunch of chopped parsley
- For the crispy chickpeas:
- 1 tin of chickpeas drained
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- For the tahini dressing:
- 1/2 cup/75g of tahini
- 50 ml of water
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 210C/400F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Wash the sweet potatoes, and cut lengthways. Drizzle some olive oil and bake for about 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- Rinse the chickpeas and dry them. Mix the maple syrup, olive oil, paprika, cumin, and salt, then coat the chickpeas with the mixture. Add them onto a baking dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- For the tahini dressing, simply combine all the ingredients together and beat until smooth.
- Place the cooked sweet potatoes onto a plate, and make a dent in the middle, add the crispy chickpeas, followed by the dressing, and finish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Ideally, reheat them in the oven to crisp them up.