These Healthy Vegan 5-Ingredient Chickpea Chocolate Bars are made with chickpeas and nut butter, so say hello to protein! The edges have the perfect “crispiness” to them while the inside is like a soft, gooey cookie. These are great for snacking, but they’re best after they’ve cooled down a bit, but the chocolate chips are still melty. For a dessert that’s indulgent, but still pretty healthy, try your bar with a banana ice cream and a dollop of whipped coconut cream.
They are just so delicious and made with no refined sugar. They’re nutritious enough to enjoy as a mid-afternoon snack and rich enough for an after-dinner dessert! And these bars happen to be flourless, naturally gluten-free, and vegan too. Not to mention that they only need 5 ingredients!
These bars do have chickpeas in them, but they don’t have a strong chickpea taste, fortunately. So don’t worry! Basically the chickpeas in there give the whole thing a nice creaminess and fudginess. And of course healthy protein and fiber!
It’s just a bonus that these flourless bars have nutrients like fiber, protein, and healthy fat from the nut butter.
I don’t think dessert needs to be healthy– I eat ice cream a few times per week just because I love it! But I’m always up for trying a healthier dessert as long as it doesn’t have crazy expensive ingredients and it tastes good. (I’d honestly rather just eat fruit rather than eat a healthy dessert that tastes bad.)
They’re good both hot out of the oven and later at room temperature or refrigerated. They don’t taste exactly like traditional blondies and are a bit softer, but I think they’re great for a healthy treat.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found these Healthy Vegan 5-Ingredient Chickpea Chocolate Bars if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Healthy Vegan 5-Ingredient Chickpea Chocolate Bars
- 1 15 oz can/tin of drained chickpeas
- 1/2 cup/120g of sunflower seed- butter/almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup/125g of apple sauce if you use unsweetened one, add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to this recipe
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour oat flour, almond flour will work well too
- 2 tablespoons of dark vegan chocolate chips or sweeter chocolate if you like
- Preheat oven to 375F/185C. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish/ or 8" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse them.
- Add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a blender/food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and transfer the mixture on the lined pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Leave it to cool in the pan once baked, then slice.