This Easy Healthy Curried Cauliflower Rice is grain-free, gluten-free, vegan, can be made oil-free. Incredibly healthy and easy to make, can be made into a complete meal by adding chickpeas, or enjoy it as a side.
You will love this Turmeric Cauliflower Rice as a side not just with Indian Meals, but with other meals as well. I added dried cranberries and it was a wonderful addition, as the sweetness broke through the spice wonderfully.
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY CAULIFLOWER RICE
- Grate the cauliflower in any of the ways mentioned until just about grated. If using a food processor, chop the florets into equal size so that they all get processed at the same time. Too large florets in between will take a few pulses more and that can over grate the already processed cauliflower.
- Do not squish or press the grated cauliflower or the cooked cauliflower rice.
- Fluff the cauliflower rice before and after cooking.
- Cook till just about done. Longer cooking time will make mushy cauliflower.
- Depending on the moisture content, you may have to cook some time uncovered. Play around to see what works best for your skillet, stove, and cauliflower.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Curried Cauliflower Rice if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Curried Cauliflower RiceLemony Turmeric Cauliflower Rice. Easy side with any meal, with mustard seeds and garlic. Vegan, Glutenfree, Grainfree, and Nutfree Recipe.
- 1 tsp oil see notes for oil-free
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 curry leaves optional
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice divided
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups/750g cauliflower rice made by processing cauliflower florets in a food processor!
- cilantro and cayenne for garnish
- optional add-ins: 1/4 cup peas 1/4 cup roasted/ toasted chopped almonds/ dried fruit like cranberries
- Chop the cauliflower into equal size 1-inch pieces and add to a food processor with regulars blade or grater blade and process in bursts of a few seconds to grate. Alternatively, chop the cauliflower into large pieces and Grate the cauliflower using a large grater.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, when hot, add mustard seeds and let them start to sputter. Add curry leaves and mix. Add onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and mix. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric and pepper flakes and optional peas and mix in. Cook for 2 mins. (You can also add a cup of cooked chickpeas, some more salt to make this a meal).
- Mix 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp water and add to the skillet. Mix for a few seconds. Add cauliflower and salt and toss well.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 6 mins. Open the lid, fluff really well.
- Add the remaining lemon juice to taste, cilantro, some black pepper, cayenne or curry powder if you wish. Taste and adjust salt, lemon, and heat. Serve immediately with Curries, or add to Bowl meals.
NotesOther flavor variations:
NutritionCalories: 65kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!