A tofu hummus? I have got to be joking, right? No, I am totally serious, and I will tell you what, for someone who eats hummus almost every day, I think tofu hummus is now my favorite way to eat hummus.
You see, if you want to make tofu silky smooth using chickpeas, you will need to add a lot more fat to it (olive oil, or tahini) but if you use silken tofu, you barely need any fat to make it creamy.
Silken tofu naturally has a very creamy texture, so tofu hummus is actually a perfect diet alternative to traditional hummus.
What Can I Use Instead Of Chickpeas For Hummus?
If you don’t like chickpeas, or simply cannot digest them well, here’s a list of other alternatives you can use instead of chickpeas:
- Sweet Potato
And many others!
Benefits Of Tofu Hummus
The reason why I like tofu hummus so much, is its silky smooth texture, but here are some other benefits:
- High Protein
- Low Calorie
- Blood Sugar Management
And many others!
How To Make Tofu Hummus Recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
- Silken Tofu
To make this hummus – add all your ingredients to a food processor or a good-quality blender, and blitz until creamy.
Serve and add your desired toppings and enjoy!
More Hummus Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this easy healthy creamy tofu hummus recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Tofu Hummus [Ultra Creamy]
- 1 food processor I used Ninja
- 12 oz/350g of drained silken tofu
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/3 tsp of white miso
- 1 tsp lemon juice optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all the prepared ingredients to a food precossor or a blender, and blitz until creamy. You may need to scrape off the sides a few times.
- Taste the hummus and add more salt/pepper/lemon juice if needed.
- Serve and add your desired toppings!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023