These Vegan ‘Parmesan’ Baked Zucchini Fries will get you addicted. The best bit, they are super easy to make and are healthy!
Baked, oil-free zucchini fries, although a great alternative to traditional baked potato fries provides a different texture and variety compared to french fries; crispy on the outside and delicately soft on the inside. My vegan zucchini fries recipe is healthy and fabulously crunchy.
Although potatoes are a fabulous source of nutrition, zucchini is well known to reduce weight. It’s 95% water and low in carbohydrates, zucchini contains high levels of Vitamin C, A, potassium, and folate; all essential to good health. And who doesn’t want to lose weight while eating crispy food that truly tastes fried?
Despite living a healthy-eating lifestyle, I’m a savory food girl who loves french fries, pizza, and anything salty. I have never met a nacho I didn’t like or a type of french fry that didn’t tempt me. But, I don’t indulge, unless of course, I veganize it and make it healthy.
As you all know, vegan junk food is available almost everywhere now. As a result, even eating vegan can be unhealthy. Unless, of course, you transform your favorite foods into healthy foods like these baked zucchini fries.
WHY ALL THE SALT IN THIS RECIPE?
For those of you who avoid salt for health purposes, the amount of salt used in this recipe is only used during prepping he zucchini. However, before making the vegan zucchini fries recipe, the salt is removed.
Because zucchini is 95% water, salting helps to reduce moisture and sogginess when cooking. That is how you achieve crispy vegan zucchini fries, instead of soggy ones.
Do let me know how you found these Vegan ‘Parmesan’ Baked Zucchini Fries if you try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, If you like all the work I have put in and the content in this blog, then you can go even further in showing me your love and support by subscribing to my Patreon account (https://www.patreon.com/vegevega)
Each of the tiers will give you exclusive benefits ( so you will get a good value for your money )
It’s my passion and it’s my life’s purpose to encourage people to join me in this journey of a kind, healthy, and happy life!
I will appreciate deeply any contribution big or small; it will enable me to grow and develop my site, as well as develop exciting new recipes for you guys!
Vegan 'Parmesan' Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium firm zucchinis skin on, cut into long wedges
- 3/4 cup/255g unsweetened almond or other plant-based milk
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 cup/75g Panko Bread Crumbs or use 1/2 cup of almond flour for a GF option!
- 1/2 cup/30g Nutritional Yeast
- Salt generous amount for zucchini prep.
- Prepare the Zucchini:
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C degrees.
- Wash and cut zucchini into the same side wedges, leaving the skin on.
- Salt the zucchini generously and lay on paper towels for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water and dry on the paper towel again.
- Bread Crumb/Almond Milk Wash Bowls:
- Using two similar-sized, wide-mouthed bowls make two different:
- In one bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs and nutritional yeast.
- In the second bowl, whisk almond milk and mustard.
- Breading the Zucchini:
- Dip each zucchini stick in the milk mixture and then dip it in the bread crumbs mixture; one at a time until all zucchini is covered in bread crumbs.
- Lay them on a baking sheet, separated from each other, on a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Cook at 400F/200C for 35 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, dijon mustard, or add a little fire by adding a small amount of Sriracha to the ketchup